Plus points

Penney looked a natural wing back when he came on.  Needs something in the middle to hit with his crosses though.

Odubajo made some good runs and put the work in, but he's not a good enough footballer to carry the attacking threat up the right.  

Looked a lot better with Harris and Penney, think Kachunga will come into the conversation at some point too.  

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Izzy Brown, but FFS Monk, play him in midfield, him and Bannan will dominate. Secondly Matt Penney, on this showing, a shoe in for left back

Thought Moses was decent too. I’d like to see Moses and Penney start majority of games with Palmer and Harris used as subs and start them, when we have more defending to do. 

Weird to see a game where Bannan isn’t our go to guy. I think with a Brown and him there you have options and you can’t mark both out the game. 

I think Fizz looks solid and got through a lot of work. He’s definitely a physical presence we’ve lacked for some time. 

Defense looks solid, although a few times Borner & Lees seemed to be on each other’s toes in first half. Not sure if it’s communication or trust issue. 

Cam looks solid, whilst not tested. Nice to get clean sheet. 

I will give you Izzy Brown, but Bannan?   It was a game absolutely wanting someone to grab it by the balls, and all he did was the long sliding tackles that always get him into trouble.

Penny was very positive, he is like a rolls royce on the ball compared to some on the pitch for us today.

The biggest plus for me was Kirkland, basically saying Monk doesn't have a clue.

• Like 4

Brown has to play in midfield, that’s for sure. Not sure about three at the back either, it’s no more secure than two, Iorfa was decent, but both Lees and Borner don’t look suited to the system. 
I’d play a back four with Palmer on the right and Penney on the left. Sure Palmer won’t get forward as much, but it gives us the opportunity to play Kachunga ahead of him. Penney has the energy to get up and down, even from full back

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

I will give you Izzy Brown, but Bannan?   It was a game absolutely wanting someone to grab it by the balls, and all he did was the long sliding tackles that always get him into trouble.

Penny was very positive, he is like a rolls royce on the ball compared to some on the pitch for us today.

The biggest plus for me was Kirkland, basically saying Monk doesn't have a clue.

Would that be the same clueless Kirkland who kept banging on about Rhodes and how many goals he’s scored....even the game commentators were having to correct him 

• Like 4