Palmer - article on BBC sport

7 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Hes not under rated at all. Don’t get me wrong I have a lot of respect for the guy because he’s been here so long. Very average, and I think people have their blue and white spectacles on just because he’s been here so long. 

I'd rather have a team full of average local lads who have a real passion and loyalty towards the club than all the mercenary journeyman we have to put up with who just want to rip us off for as much money as they can with little in return.

More power to your elbow Liam!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

I really like Palmer. He’s a model professional. He gets his head down and gets on with it. Never moans when things aren’t going his way and never milks the adulation when he’s on top form.   Rudyard Kipling’s “If” sums up Palmer for me. 

Adulation???....Top form?????.......Have i missed something over the last 10 years?Monkmanface

Starting tonight,  playing at the moment. I've only watched a few minutes but he crossed the ball and found one of his own players so international football must suit him.

Scotland are losing, against a makeshift Czech B squad. Not because of Palmer  it's just what Scotland do. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54042614

39 mins

Post update

Czech Republic 1-1 Scotland

Liam Palmer then has to turn his attention to defensive duties, this time getting out to block Zeleny's powerful shot.

The corner is well defended, Scotland counter and Ryan Christie tries a big diagonal pass to put Stuart Armstrong in.

However, a Czech defender sticks a leg out and it drifts to the goalkeeper Mandous, who controls it without letting it bounce, and plays a first-time ball away. Too easy, eh?

35 mins

Post update

Czech Republic 1-1 Scotland

Liam Palmer has been, in my humble opinion, Scotland's best player so far. He's getting plenty of space on the right and another good cross comes in, but nobody in a Scotland shirt can get on the end of it.

• Like 1

He’s having a reyt game 

Wish he got forward for assists like that when he’s playing for us,  GM will be happy with that one 

Edited by Guest

'Liam Palmer has been, in my humble opinion, Scotland's best player so far. He's getting plenty of space on the right and another good cross comes in, but nobody in a Scotland shirt can get on the end of it.'

From the BBC match report just now. Vs Czech Republic away. Not good enough though for some.