Shirt brand?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Did you have one of the puma king coats too I had the them loved them I think I still have one of the shower jackets somewhere, though now we don't get showers we get torrential downpours.

Growing up in the 90's every fan had the kits, the coats the clothes everything but when you got them most of the shirt were valid for 2 years and the gear was built to last, I don't know at what point that changed in the 2000's that the standard of the gear just got a lot worse. 

It seems to be the way a lot of sports gear is going, take a generic shirt, coat, t-shirt etc.. and just slap a cheap sticker on there and inflate the cost. Noticed that NIke seem to be doing this now and their lower priced range look cheap, tacky and wont survive more than a couple of washes.

1 hour ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Thought it was out fairly quickly this year. Think it was only a week after pigs kit was released. 

Ours aren't really released yet though - people have pre-ordered but not received.

My girls' teams (SWFC) were due the kit (they never even received last season's) which means I am forever fielding questions from annoyed parents about it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Did you have one of the puma king coats too I had the them loved them I think I still have one of the shower jackets somewhere, though now we don't get showers we get torrential downpours.

Growing up in the 90's every fan had the kits, the coats the clothes everything but when you got them most of the shirt were valid for 2 years and the gear was built to last, I don't know at what point that changed in the 2000's that the standard of the gear just got a lot worse. 

Ah rose tinted glasses.  I got bought one of the Umbro track suites about '93, it was absolutely gorgeous.  But the popper buttons kept falling off.  I ended up having 3 of the jackets before my mum gave up with the shop.

I can always remember football shirts in the 90's were made out of a material that would snag the moment it looked at anything less smooth than cling film.  I had the '91(?) away yellow shirt and it looked like it was made out of velcro after a year it had so many snags in it.

Just not bothered...

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Ah rose tinted glasses.  I got bought one of the Umbro track suites about '93, it was absolutely gorgeous.  But the popper buttons kept falling off.  I ended up having 3 of the jackets before my mum gave up with the shop.

I can always remember football shirts in the 90's were made out of a material that would snag the moment it looked at anything less smooth than cling film.  I had the '91(?) away yellow shirt and it looked like it was made out of velcro after a year it had so many snags in it.

My Favourite kit was the Sanderson kit I think 94 ish or there about - probably because at that point I was going to all the games and we had great players and played a great brand of football.

I might quibble at the designs (the ‘BHA’ shirt followed by Blue Arsenal) but the quality of the Sondico kits was excellent.

The Elev8 ones are good quality and generally good designs too.

Puma, Lotto and Diadora were all crap.

That said, I love my Bukta repros and my favourite all time Wednesday shirt is Umbro home 1984-86.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Think our original Puma contract was with the proper puma (king) and the last one was with a third party company (can't remember their name but had an acquaintance working for them) trading under their name, hence template kits etc. 

3 hours ago, 1/10/1983 said:

I might quibble at the designs (the ‘BHA’ shirt followed by Blue Arsenal) but the quality of the Sondico kits was excellent.

The Elev8 ones are good quality and generally good designs too.

Puma, Lotto and Diadora were all crap.

That said, I love my Bukta repros and my favourite all time Wednesday shirt is Umbro home 1984-86.

Nah That Midnight Blue Diadora away shirt is my 2nd favourite away shirt ever

I really liked the Honda Puma shirt too

22 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I agree 

I dont like the Elev8 on the shirt but the quality and design have been spot on 

Good brand name if it could be developed and marketed around tbe world especially in South East Asia 

Personally think the kits have all been good quality and haven't had an issue with it. 

The problem? Elev8 just sounds cr@p like it was thought up by a 15 year old for a GCSE project. 

For me that's the only thing I don't like. The shirt quality has been very good and mostly the kits have been nice.