Shirt brand?

1 hour ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Me too.

Under Umbro & Puma in the 90’s we had a good range of juniors tracksuits, would be good to see more of that.

Always good to see a coach or airport departure lounge with a few young Owls knocking about in a full Wednesday tracksuit.

Few clubs who produce their own kits have teamed up with fashion brands to create leisurewear ranges. Even a link with Pete McKee etc?

• Like 1

Im more than happy with the kits from Elev8 they are the best we've had in a long time 

Id much rather have unique designed kits than the same old identikit designs all clubs get with the named brands 

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

Few clubs who produce their own kits have teamed up with fashion brands to create leisurewear ranges. Even a link with Pete McKee etc?

We already do that.  We licence stuff to The Terrace.  The shop also sell S6 clothing along with a few other things like that that I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

We already do that.  We licence stuff to The Terrace.  The shop also sell S6 clothing along with a few other things like that that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Excellent. Not been to club shop for a while.

Personally would just like a good quality polo shirt (Fred Perry quality) that looks smart and doesn't have a massive badge on it.

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Excellent. Not been to club shop for a while.

Personally would just like a good quality polo shirt (Fred Perry quality) that looks smart and doesn't have a massive badge on it.

https://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=item&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=MBL1942&dept_id=22

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

I am all for the club trying to make the shirt themselves to make more money but then to charge 50% more for them it not on.

We change the shirt every season so does it really need to be made to last. If the standard of the shirts is not as good but they only cost £40 instead of £60 I would have no problem with that, equally I would have no problem if the club wanted to sell sponsorship, on the sleeves to generate revenue or a sneaky sponsor on the hem at the shirt at the back.

But bringing the shirts in house, to then make yourself to then charge more for them I just don't see the point.

How many fans that buy the shirt every year wear last season shirt if they have this season shirt - not many. But now with the increase price less fans will be buying the new shirt each season.

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am all for the club trying to make the shirt themselves to make more money but then to charge 50% more for them it not on.

We change the shirt every season so does it really need to be made to last. If the standard of the shirts is not as good but they only cost £40 instead of £60 I would have no problem with that, equally I would have no problem if the club wanted to sell sponsorship, on the sleeves to generate revenue or a sneaky sponsor on the hem at the shirt at the back.

But bringing the shirts in house, to then make yourself to then charge more for them I just don't see the point.

How many fans that buy the shirt every year wear last season shirt if they have this season shirt - not many. But now with the increase price less fans will be buying the new shirt each season.

It'd be interesting to see how sales were if they went back to the older model of keeping the same one for two years. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Find me a decent SWFC phone case. Can't believe they don't do them in the club shop. 

https://theterracestore.com/collections/sheffield-wednesday?page=1

52 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our prices are pretty much in line with most other clubs.

40 minutes ago, modboy said:

Can you check how it wears after one wash please.. My Primark ones loses all shape and bobbles.

The one's my dad has bought wear and wash really well.

• Thanks 2

Just not bothered...

23 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I think people look back at PUMA with tinted spectacles. It sounded great when it was announced we were going back to them but I soon remembered just how poor the "PUMA" shirts had become.

Did you have one of the puma king coats too I had the them loved them I think I still have one of the shower jackets somewhere, though now we don't get showers we get torrential downpours.

Growing up in the 90's every fan had the kits, the coats the clothes everything but when you got them most of the shirt were valid for 2 years and the gear was built to last, I don't know at what point that changed in the 2000's that the standard of the gear just got a lot worse.