Shirt brand?

Manufacturing under the Elev8 label makes perfect sense ,I doubt the shirt will cost more than £5 to make .

Marketing in house to fans is straight forward and is  commercially attractive.

The present shirts are of good quality so being held to ransom by the big names isn't attractive and the Chairman soon identified this .

I would think that attracting other clubs to buy the Elev8 brand is in the medium to long term  goal.

There are a lot of things you can criticise the club for, but I don't think this is one of them.

Similar to the online content creation it seems to be an area that we've stepped up recently, the launch last year was fantastic and the behind the scenes stuff they're doing this pre-season is great.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 2

All the elev8 stuff I've bought has been good.  The quality is a fair bit better than the latter Puma stuff we had.  Sondico was pretty good in general too.  The designs of the last couple of kits have been fantastic too.  Last season's home shirt is probably my second favourite home shirt we've ever had!

Just not bothered...

I've not like either away kits the last 2 years, but more down to not liking green or grey. (I've always thought away kits should be bold and bright and associate them with away games in cold winter nights).

But they are really nailing a modern twist on our home kit. And as mentioned on here, our social media and marketing are really linking up well across it all.

Just modernise the badge and I think we have the Wednesday brand sorted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Last two kits have been possibly the best since the very early 90's

Club have absolutely nailed it recently with kits - and massively improved availability, launch announcement/timings.

Also, social media.  Signing announcements, breaking news (the good stuff!) all superb - Kachunga vid was a stroke of genius.

Full credit to the club on both these counts, especially amongst everything going on around them with the financial position.

Nail on the head! Loving the social media the last two seasons. 19/20 kit without sponsor is best home kit we've ever had IMO. That Kachunga video had me laughing as every SWFC fan remembers that moment so well. 

Liked the option of not having the sponsor on the shirt also to give us a bit of uniqueness over other clubs. 

49 minutes ago, modboy said:

Just wish we'd partner up with a better brand for leisurewear

Me too.

Under Umbro & Puma in the 90’s we had a good range of juniors tracksuits, would be good to see more of that.

Always good to see a coach or airport departure lounge with a few young Owls knocking about in a full Wednesday tracksuit.

• Like 1

I personally think the kits have generally been very good in terms of both style and quality. I’d rather have a nice looking kit than a crap one just because it has Adidas on it. 

However I won’t buy one because of the price. I understand DCs thinking in maximising profit towards P&S but £59 is to expensive for something I would hardly ever wear. 

11 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Does anybody agree with me that our kit manufacturers and kit designs are getting worse season after season? My personal view is that Puma was the last company to supply us with good match day and training kits. Before that Umbro supplied us with great looking kits and Bukta in my opinion supplied us with our greatest kits. Since we severed ties with Puma we've had such rubbish as Diadora and Sondico that both looked cheap and nasty. DC says manufacturing our own kits under the elev8 brand makes commercial sense but how can this be? I'm sure if he got on the phone to Bukta and asked them to do us a proper Wednesday kit they'd jump at the opportunity. 

I disagree. I think since we have brought it under our Elev8 brand the quality of kit and gear has gone up massively. However, so has the price that is disgusting its all 50% too high.

I personally like the approach of bringing it under our own brand, but i would have done it properly and brought it into the city, have it as a Sheffield brand made in Sheffield for Sheffield people and connect with the community.