Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

This is what happens when people make change for no real reason. 

The original team were rough around the edges, a few held controversial opinions, others couldn’t help their bias. They did however, all have a great chemistry which made Saturday afternoons entertaining.

BT Sport score used to be unbearable, i can stomach it better than the sky equivalent now. Stelling is great. He’s being let down by the numpties at the side of him. The Pulis stint was pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't bothered with SS for a while.

Watch Benjamin Bloom's football channel on Youtube along with a fair few other Wednesday fans instead.

Only good thing about SS is seing the goals themselves, which for us means we don't miss much anyway.

9 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Watched it yesterday, if it wasnt for Ally Mccoist it would be done.

Such a great show ruined by PC bullshìt.

saw a bit of clinton this evening he's coming on a treat ......he can nearly put a coherent  sentence together now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Watched it yesterday, if it wasnt for Ally Mccoist it would be done.

Such a great show ruined by PC bullshìt.

As much as I like Clinton’s enthusiasm he can barely string a sentence together at times. Ally is great, as is Jeff. But it does feel like a shadow of itself now.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

saw a bit of clinton this evening he's coming on a treat ......he can nearly put a coherent  sentence together now 

He's quite funny at times. Mostly agrees with everyone although he was pretty annoyed the other night when Bale didn't get on for Spurs. One of the few times he's take a strong position on anything.

Don't mind him, though.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

Sky messed with a winning formula trying to be all clever and PC.

They deserve all that's coming... Viewing figures will be dropping especially for the over 18 year olds, and Jeff will not hang around on SS for much longer.

The thing is, you eventually need to freshen  things up. That goes for most entertainment shows, which is what I'd view Gillette as. Nobody tuned into that show for great analysis; that's for Neville, Carragher and co.

The problem is, they got rid of three of their four main pundits and replaced them with a bunch of randomers. The chemistry and flow of the show has completely gone and it's just dull now.

If say you got rid of Le Tiss but replaced him with McCoist, then you've still got a pretty good show there.

• Like 2

On 30/01/2021 at 19:15, owls maniac said:

Could put a glass eye to sleep. Didn’t think Sherwood was that bad actually. But no doubt the show is struggling to find its rhythm since the line up change.

I can't stand Tim Sherwood.

Just the most obnoxious, arrogant pr*ck.

Tbf, he fulfills the role of the obligatory Spurs pundit.

• Haha 1

Wow there is some total nonsense on this thread!

I don't see how using a different set of commentators than the ones that were there droning on for donkeys years is 'PC'.   Things change and evolve. Otherwise we'd still be chasing wilderbeasts with bows and arrows and lighting fires with stones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Wow there is some total nonsense on this thread!

I don't see how using a different set of commentators than the ones that were there droning on for donkeys years is 'PC'.   Things change and evolve. Otherwise we'd still be chasing wilderbeasts with bows and arrows and lighting fires with stones.

It was change for the sake of change. 

Things do change you’re right but, as a result, the show is now less entertaining. Nothing wrong with holding an opinion either way. 

The current set up for Soccer Saturday is mind numbingly bad, I no longer watch it. 

4 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

It was change for the sake of change. 

Things do change you’re right but, as a result, the show is now less entertaining. Nothing wrong with holding an opinion either way. 

The current set up for Soccer Saturday is mind numbingly bad, I no longer watch it. 

It's people reporting on football scores 😳.

I don't tune in, see Bianca Westwood reporting on us, then switch off.

• Like 1