Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

6 hours ago, markowl said:

Absolutely top drawer debating skills.

Speaking of debating the issue, I notice you never replied to this post:

On 21/09/2020 at 20:19, hirstyboywonder said:

It might not happen very often but teams do score goals in the opening minute or two of a game every now and again. Trying to deliberately kick the ball into touch for the first two minutes will negate a teams chances of doing that.

But if you're happy that hard up top flight footballers needed to supplement their income in this way far enough, each to their own. 

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

Such a terrible thing he did, yet he is still idolised by Southampton supporters.

He's probably the best player they've had in my lifetime, hardly likely to turn on him. Still doesn't mean it was OK.

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's probably the best player they've had in my lifetime, hardly likely to turn on him. Still doesn't mean it was OK.

But, as one or two have said, it was such a terrible thing he did, and was to the detriment of the club, yet he was made official Club Ambassador last year.

Strange.

19 hours ago, markowl said:

This was an example of both spot fixing and spread betting. The former refers to the placing of a wager on an event within a sporting contest that is unrelated to the final outcome.

From the official account of the incident. I'll ask again, because last time you resorted to insulting me, but when you watch a match, do you switch off after the first thrown in because the outcome of the match has been decided?

You're making yourself look a bit daft here.....lets try and help you

Have you ever seen a game where the team kickin off scores without losing posession.....happens a lot...seen John Pearson do it for us to name just one off the top of my head

Can you remember the game where our keeper got sent off against Wolves without them losing possession from the kick off?

Neither of these would have happened had the player kicking off just launched it out to gain a few quid for himself

And absolutely both incidents affected the outcome of the game in a big way

There'll be plenty more examples

1 hour ago, Ian said:

You're making yourself look a bit daft here.....lets try and help you

Have you ever seen a game where the team kickin off scores without losing posession.....happens a lot...seen John Pearson do it for us to name just one off the top of my head

Can you remember the game where our keeper got sent off against Wolves without them losing possession from the kick off?

Neither of these would have happened had the player kicking off just launched it out to gain a few quid for himself

And absolutely both incidents affected the outcome of the game in a big way

There'll be plenty more examples

Ok.

So why have Southampton made him Club Ambassador?

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

Ok.

Ok you are right....he’s been made club ambassador which is a side fire way of proving someone did nothing wrong.

Either than or they think it will keep loaded corporate guests happy who don’t give a sh*t about results just that they can go home after and tell friends and family they’ve been hob mobbing with famous people

3 hours ago, markowl said:

Ok.

Not sure if you're being serious but he wasn't caught doing it and charged, so it's essentially hot air from his autobiography.

It's a different matter if he was caught doing it, would have been big news at the time. Maybe not enough impact to rule him out of being a club ambasdador but then again, im not sure what importance that role has on anything.

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Ok you are right....he’s been made club ambassador which is a side fire way of proving someone did nothing wrong.

Either than or they think it will keep loaded corporate guests happy who don’t give a sh*t about results just that they can go home after and tell friends and family they’ve been hob mobbing with famous people

This is true, but it took some working out :biggrin:

Predictive tent strikes again...............:ph34r:

2 hours ago, markowl said:

Of course I'm being serious. If it was such a crime, as some on here seem to think, and had such a detrimental effect on Southampton Football Club, you have to ask why the powers that be thought he would be a good candidate to be an ambassador.

I know it probably wouldn't make much difference to us give our scoring record at home currently but would you be happy to see our playrs boot the ball out of play from kick off every game to try and ensure themselves an extra few grand?