Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

It just feels a bit flat at the moment. They’ve got loads of people on there who just have zero personality. Matt Murray, Pulis etc. 

Whereas Radio 5 just has WUM’s, except for the likes of Pat Nevin, who actually has a bit of intellect about him. Really miss the likes of Graham Taylor and Jimmy Armfield on there too. 

8 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Ok. Give us the replacements. 

Christ, I was expected to sort COVID in March because I was criticising the government and now I’m supposed to sort out the problems at Soccer Saturday. I pay my taxes and subscriptions so others can carry out these tasks.

lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Christ, I was expected to sort COVID in March because I was criticising the government and now I’m supposed to sort out the problems at Soccer Saturday. I pay my taxes and subscriptions so others can carry out these tasks.

lol

Credit where credit is due, you’ve clearly made a valiant effort with sorting out the govt, so this task might be more within your scope. 
I’m sure there’s plenty on here who will offer their support and wise opinions.

I think Sky have kinda missed the point of the program...

No one tuned in for great analysis; it was really a bunch of idiots giving their opinions and shouting, forgetting player names etc.

Replacing that trio with the likes of Pulis is just odd imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I think Sky have kinda missed the point of the program...

No one tuned in for great analysis; it was really a bunch of idiots giving their opinions and shouting, forgetting player names etc.

Replacing that trio with the likes of Pulis is just odd imo.

True,

If I switch 5 live on and listen to a game I'd rather have the insight of Pulis or McCarthy  as co-commentator than Jermaine Jenas or Robbie Savage enjoying the sound of their own voices but when watching Soccer Saturday what is needed is a short sharp summary and rapport & camaraderie between the pundits. When watching Pulis, charisma is not the first word that springs to mind.   

59 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

Sorry to disagree mate, but he is gash, his voice grates on me so much I have to turn the station over or off as he can barely string a coherent sentence together:mellow:

It's certainly not the queens English but to say he can't string a coherent sentence together is harsh and from I have seen and heard he knows his stuff and has an understanding of the players he is watching, which is more than can be said for one or two who have made a living out of it. 

He's also got a bit of charisma which goes a long way on that show.

3 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

Must be me then, can't stand the sound of his voice at all.

I can understand where you are coming from. There's just something about him in a sort of cheeky chappy mischief way that I have warned to for some reason but it can be a fine line between that and being a nobed! 

I saw an interview he did around a year or so as well when he talked about how much work he was putting into his media career and researching the teams he covers. I get the impression some aren't as attentive.