Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

55 minutes ago, markowl said:

I understand that a ball going out for a throw in early in the game doesn't affect the outcome of the match.

But you carry on with your faux outrage if it makes you happy.

It might not happen very often but teams do score goals in the opening minute or two of a game every now and again. Trying to deliberately kick the ball into touch for the first two minutes will negate a teams chances of doing that.

But if you're happy that hard up top flight footballers needed to supplement their income in this way far enough, each to their own. 

On 26/08/2020 at 17:32, RockieOwl said:

Probably been done to make it more diverse, but of those that have gone, I would only feel slightly sorry for Charlie, but even then he's not that knowledgeable on a few things.

I expect Clinton, Sue Smith and one other unless they just go with 3 whilst social distancing is needed

Is that Hillary or Bill Clinton?

On 20/09/2020 at 16:32, Gargoyle said:

Cashley Cole currently on Sky. Fink, wiv, futbler, why can't we have pundits who at least speak somewhere near English?

I hear a few that say “futbuller” or “futbowl” but I think it’s just a southerner/accent thing to be fair. 

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

Absolutely top drawer debating skills.

I am doubtful it would be possible for me to make you change your mind on your post condoning a player messing around with the integrity of the game so what's the point of debating? Only way you'll change your mind is if enough people tell you they disagree

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am doubtful it would be possible for me to make you change your mind on your post condoning a player messing around with the integrity of the game so what's the point of debating? Only way you'll change your mind is if enough people tell you they disagree

So Le Tissier bet on the first throw in yeah?

I'll agree it's not in the spirit of the game, but no way would it affect the outcome of any game.

See if you can debate without resorting to petty insults.

14 minutes ago, markowl said:

So Le Tissier bet on the first throw in yeah?

I'll agree it's not in the spirit of the game, but no way would it affect the outcome of any game.

See if you can debate without resorting to petty insults.

Anything that happens within the game can affect the outcome of the game. If he kicks the ball out he's given the other team possession. That's not good is it?

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Anything that happens within the game can affect the outcome of the game. If he kicks the ball out he's given the other team possession. That's not good is it?

This was an example of both spot fixing and spread betting. The former refers to the placing of a wager on an event within a sporting contest that is unrelated to the final outcome.

From the official account of the incident. I'll ask again, because last time you resorted to insulting me, but when you watch a match, do you switch off after the first thrown in because the outcome of the match has been decided?

1 hour ago, markowl said:

This was an example of both spot fixing and spread betting. The former refers to the placing of a wager on an event within a sporting contest that is unrelated to the final outcome.

From the official account of the incident. I'll ask again, because last time you resorted to insulting me, but when you watch a match, do you switch off after the first thrown in because the outcome of the match has been decided?

What if they scored from the possession he gave away?

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

I think you're trying too hard to be outraged.

What if, after the opponents scored from him giving possession away, he scores from the resulting kick off?

What if you went to a match and all sorts of little decisions were being made and you found out that they all had little bets on and they're all winning 10k here and there 

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What if you went to a match and all sorts of little decisions were being made and you found out that they all had little bets on and they're all winning 10k here and there 

Why wasn't he banned from football for life if he committed such a heinous crime?

8 hours ago, markowl said:

Really?

How many times have you watched a match and, when the ball goes out for a throw in for the first time, you switch off because the whole outcome of the game is decided?

Could change the outcome of the game not will change the outcome of the game.

This is a similar argument (although not as clear cut) as the Pakistani bowlers, people defending them were saying 'it's only one ball' what if that one ball got a wicket?

Zero tolerance needed from the authorities on things like this, it's pure greed and dishonesty.