Dele Bashiru

Looks promising, a big, athletic lad.

If his own assessment of his playing style is true then he could be what we've been missing, not really had a proper box to box midfielder with a goal threat since Kieran Lee's injuries started a few years ago. 

Good luck to him. 

Guest Therealrealist

Does he drive a s line black 20 reg audi?? Think i saw him at mhall petrol station..i wer gunner shout 'nah then oreyt deli'..but i bottled it🙂

He speaks very well and seems very mature for a young lad - most 19-year-olds don't come across as composed and level-headed as this.

I thought it was quite telling what he said about Monk:

'He likes a certain dynamism in a player.'

It's pretty clear that Monk wasn't happy with elements of our squad last season. Hopefully we'll see a more athletic, hard-running team in a few weeks' time.

• Like 3

Good luck to the lad,  let's hope he's a Wow ! footballer whilst he's here.

1. Interview buzz word is now " FAMILY " instead of "MASSIVE"

2. Bannan can't resist sticking his neb in can he.

3. Hope we do more than just running in training, how about practicing throw ins or corners ?

Can't help feeling positive about this lad for some reason.

I just hope his head doesn't drop if he's not a regular starter for a while. There's a lot of competition now for those central midfield roles and our own development squad members like Hunt, Shaw, Grant and Waldock will be hoping to get involved too. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them being loaned out to get some first team experience for a season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He speaks very well and seems very mature for a young lad - most 19-year-olds don't come across as composed and level-headed as this.

I thought it was quite telling what he said about Monk:

'He likes a certain dynamism in a player.'

It's pretty clear that Monk wasn't happy with elements of our squad last season. Hopefully we'll see a more athletic, hard-running team in a few weeks' time.

This is the key thing to allowing Monk to have more time, maybe he did have a bunch of wasters and even Fergie couldn’t get a tune out of them. With these new signings and a new season it’s the chance for Monk to prove himself. 

Monk certainly likes a hard running, dynamic team.

Don’t remember his style  at Swansea but at Leeds and Birmingham, although he played different formations , they were both athletic, powerful teams.

I remember Leeds coming to Hillsborough and beating us , possibly 3-1, under Monk I think.

Their strong athletic players were particularly noticeable given it was a weakness of ours under Carlos.

The question is whether he can get enough quality in the team as well, especially up front.

• Like 1