Chey Dunkley

If we are serious about Venancio would we have heard about it in the paper? That usually only happens when the deal is well along the way. Or if the club would like to divert attention from the priority signing. Venancio could’ve just been a back up option.

Edited by Bluesteel

I know nowt about him, hadn't really heard of him until recently and have no opinion of him other than what I've seen on here recently. 

As with every single signing we make though, I will fully support him while he's wearing our beautiful kit. I hope he makes himself a Wednesday legend and helps us on the road to success, whatever form that may take. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

If we are serious about Venancio would we have heard about it in the paper? That usually only happens when the deal is well along the way. Or if the club would like to divert attention from the priority signing. Venancio could’ve just been a back up option.

I suppose it’s all dependent on how Monk wants us to play. If it’s with a flat back four, then signing Venancio would seem a bit like overkill, unless a couple were to move out. If it’s three at the back, then he’d give us our full quota. Be a tough job though, keeping 6 experienced centre backs happy. Also, it wouldn’t look like much thought had gone into a succession policy, with 4 of them approaching 30

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose it’s all dependent on how Monk wants us to play. If it’s with a flat back four, then signing Venancio would seem a bit like overkill, unless a couple were to move out. If it’s three at the back, then he’d give us our full quota. Be a tough job though, keeping 6 experienced centre backs happy. Also, it wouldn’t look like much thought had gone into a succession policy, with 4 of them approaching 30

If we gonna play with 3 at the back we need a defensive midfield player just in front of them, may be monk is thinking of  one of those centre backs playing in that role. If he is going to play 352 we need some mobile forwards in NOW as that system depends on pressing and I cant see Rhodes doing that job every week. 

1 hour ago, PortlandOwl said:

Nothing against the guy, good luck to him but this is the type of signing we're going to have to get used to. 

Yes, cause the sploogefest approach has really done us the world of good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Me too

I'm certainly not as positive as the fan base in general seem to be. Its a bit of a gamble, and we have made a few of those that have gone wrong recently... I guess i have to just hope he doesn't blow out his knee in the first few weeks. You have to assume we have done due diligence at the medical. 

18 hours ago, Lincowl said:

Their fans seem puzzled we would sign him off the back of injury. Hard working, limited league one level defender to hear them tell it. They want rid of Windass desperately too. https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/chey-dunkley.103114/

Bit worrying to read that he needs an experienced defender next to him to guide him as we don’t have one.

Sounds similar to Iorfa, has physical attributes but prone to errors in judgement. 

5 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Then you read the Wigan fans on Twitter , saying he’s great etc, take it with a pinch of salt and wait to see him play , hes 28 btw so don’t see how he needs ‘older ‘ head 

Yes I thought that was a bit odd. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
On 14/08/2020 at 07:45, Bluesteel said:

Heard about it in the paper?

Have you bought a time machine or somet?

Genuinely no idea if you can even buy a paper anymore