Chey Dunkley

Hold on I’m confused. I’d given up hope after many seasoned posters on here told us we could forget about signing anyone if other clubs were in for him? We could forget if Watford were in. That no one would come with us on minus12. 

Does this mean the negativity was unwarranted and we can begin to get excited again for the season ahead? 

Welcome to the Massive! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Hold on I’m confused. I’d given up hope after many seasoned posters on here told us we could forget about signing anyone if other clubs were in for him? We could forget if Watford were in. That no one would come with us on minus12. 

Does this mean the negativity was unwarranted and we can begin to get excited again for the season ahead? 

Welcome to the Massive! 

The way I see it is, if we offer a reasonable and competitive (not silly) then we've got a chance of getting some half decent players in.

Given the current climate, players/agents can't be too choosy.

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

The way I see it is, if we offer a reasonable and competitive (not silly) then we've got a chance of getting some half decent players in.

Given the current climate, players/agents can't be too choosy.

I just hope it quietens a few on here that appear dead set on a doom and gloom season before a ball has been kicked. At least allow us silly fools to dream and hope before peepeeing on my chips! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I just hope it quietens a few on here that appear dead set on a doom and gloom season before a ball has been kicked. At least allow us silly fools to dream and hope before peepeeing on my chips! 

Whos going to sign for a club with a -12 points deduction

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We haven’t signed a centre half accustomed to this league since Tom Lees joined have we? Iorfa converted comfortably but signed as a full back. Sasso, Venancio, Van Aken, Borner have all come in from overseas because centre halves who have done ok never mind well in this league can cost a few million pounds. So I think there are real positives with this move and it’s something we’ve ignored. Even without a deduction I’d have been happy with it as this is the kind of signing a club looking for the playoffs would be making, IMO. We could’ve easily looked north of the border or abroad again or hoped someone from leagues one or two can step up.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

One of the good things about this is our points deduction and form of last season hasn’t put off a decent championship player.  Despite interest from elsewhere. 

Hopefully a sign of things to come 

and when they sign in spite of the deduction they are clearly up for it.

• Like 2