Chey Dunkley

1981–1987     Shrewsbury Town   153  (5)

1987–1994     Sheffield Wednesday   180  (14)

The stats above are for a guy who broke his leg, I think twice playing for us  

He didn't really have good pedigree before he played for us if you think of the stature of Shrewsbury, but he was a great captain for us.

i'll reserve judgement on this guy we've just signed.

6 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Then you read the Wigan fans on Twitter , saying he’s great etc, take it with a pinch of salt and wait to see him play , hes 28 btw so don’t see how he needs ‘older ‘ head 

I feel there’s some irony from those Wigan fans saying they don’t rate Dunkley or care he’s gone as he’s a good league 1 defender not championship standard.  Remind me what league they’ll be in next season? 

Hopefully the ones you’ve seen on Twitter are correct that he’s decent.  Whatever people’s opinion of Monk I think he knows what’s needed to be a good defender for us 

• Like 1

Football is a funny old game... 

Monday:  Player 1 says “I left Owls to join stoke as I wanted to play for the stoke manager” 

Tuesday:  player 2 says “I joined Owls because they have a top manager”. 

Anyway generic interviews aside, here’s Dunkley also saying he had other offers but he shared the Owls vision of what we are trying to do... let’s hope other players out there feel the same 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/chey-dunkley-opens-wigan-saga-and-how-he-came-sign-massive-sheffield-wednesday-2945092

• Like 1