Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

On 04/08/2020 at 08:01, The Claw said:

If he turns this around he will be a cult hero with the Wednesday faithfull, let's see!

May not get the chance, just read on football gossip that he's second favourite for Bournemouth job, can't see him getting it personally. 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, and I'm off out on a date with Taylor Swift tonight ...

Don't the bookies think that we've been punished enough already?

It's cruel to raise our hopes when they know full well that there's probably more chance of seeing Steve Evans walk on the moon with his trousers down than it happening.

The Pale One will be here next season.

He is amongst the favourites because shed loads of Wednesday fans have been lumping on. We should all do it. If nothing else, it’ll put the shittes up the Bournemouth support! 

• Haha 2

I think he’s on his way to Bournemouth TBH. It feels like Steve Bruce all over again. I never thought he’d get the gig at St James Park but he did and I get the same feeling with regards to Monk. It seems unlikely but it will probably happen? The difference this time is that Bullen will probably be given the managers job straight away 😳

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think he’s on his way to Bournemouth TBH. It feels like Steve Bruce all over again. I never thought he’d get the gig at St James Park but he did and I get the same feeling with regards to Monk. It seems unlikely but it will probably happen? The difference this time is that Bullen will probably be given the managers job straight away 😳

Can’t see that myself

I note the odds for the Bournemouth manager have been taken off the sky bet site, so maybe an announcement soon?

12 minutes ago, debram said:

Not if we could get Mccarthy or Pearson. 

That is very unlikely to happen though isn't it. I am almost certain that if Monk was to leave then Bullen would be put in charge in similarly to last year and then we will go into the new season without any real plan setting us back even further.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Most people will probably disagree with me but i think we would be in a much worse position if Monk was to leave us now.

I agree. 

This season more than any other we need consistency, whether Monk is considered the right man or not, DC thinks he is. 

Took us 10 weeks to replace Bruce, that was without a 12 point deduction to consider.

As much as Monk has questions to answer, have less confidence in the club appointing a replacement than I do in Monk turning things around. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I'm happy to see Monk leave. 

I didn't see anything from that last 6 months to suggest he is the manager we need to turn things around at the club.

I saw it that he was being asked to swim from one side of the river to the other, in a river full of alligators, whilst being to then wear concrete wellies, and then when he's halfway across having one arm cut off, and then as he's approaching the other side gets his legs cut off, and gets hit in the head by a passing speedboat, and just as he's about to come onto the shore someone flies down in a helicopter and swings a gigantic metal ball into him 

But he made it

Just

And now he has the opportunity to run through the meadows of this new and exciting land he's discovered

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That is very unlikely to happen though isn't it. I am almost certain that if Monk was to leave then Bullen would be put in charge in similarly to last year and then we will go into the new season without any real plan setting us back even further.

Can we sink much lower, maybe you shouldn't answer that. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I saw it that he was being asked to swim from one side of the river to the other, in a river full of alligators, whilst being to then wear concrete wellies, and then when he's halfway across having one arm cut off, and then as he's approaching the other side gets his legs cut off, and gets hit in the head by a passing speedboat, and just as he's about to come onto the shore someone flies down in a helicopter and swings a gigantic metal ball into him 

But he made it

Just

And now he has the opportunity to run through the meadows of this new and exciting land he's discovered

You alright mate? 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But he made it

Just

There may have been better circumstances for his tenure but is record here is rank.end of,

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Can’t see that myself

I note the odds for the Bournemouth manager have been taken off the sky bet site, so maybe an announcement soon?

BetVictor the only bookies with odds on Oddschecker right now, he’s 4/1 along with Mark Robins. Howe’s assistant Tindall still the favourite at 2/7 although his odds have been dropping

14 minutes ago, striker said:

I agree. 

This season more than any other we need consistency, whether Monk is considered the right man or not, DC thinks he is. 

Took us 10 weeks to replace Bruce, that was without a 12 point deduction to consider.

As much as Monk has questions to answer, have less confidence in the club appointing a replacement than I do in Monk turning things around. 

We had consistency for the second half of the season, its very over rated 

• Haha 1