Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I think too many people look at match day and try and figure out what went wrong.

Monk is with the lads all week, that's when you motivate the squad.

And this is where the problem lays.

Some of the football we played before christmas was up there with CCs first season. 

How do you lose that?

You lose the players, most of them were going through the motions and just doing enough, it was obvious.

So few words,SO TRUE...yet the denial on here is unbelievable..If only Monk...Heres what happened,Monk in my view got sick of the attitude of that dressing room,thought **** it,ime not having it, & laid out what he thought of the alleged 'prima Donna's

At that point tbh i dont myself think he gave a flying **** whether it cost him his job,or not.Either way he wouldn't have to deal with,or listen to the alleged **** going off.It was long overdue,needed doing,& personally i applaud him for doing it.

He was in my view,in a win/win situation.If he stayed,he showed he was 'Gaffer' & wouldn't take any ****.If it cost him his job,he would still have received a pay off,wouldn't have to put up with the S6 **** any longer,& would be available to try to mop up the likely management vacancies forthcoming at Season end,

2 hours ago, swissmess said:

leeds 9/4 to finish top ten, SU 5/2 to finish top ten, odds for us to be relegated down a tier?  Says it all about Monk

Come off it,says nothing about Monk,those odds would be there for any Manager.Clubs allegedly in dissaray off the field,as well as allegedly on.

Those problems pre date Monk,and you know it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:s.

Some of the football we played before christmas was up there with CCs first season. 

How do you lose that?

You lose the players, most of them were going through the motions and just doing enough, it was obvious.

If I’m being honest, even in the first half of the season I can’t remember a single game in which we played with the speed, skill and sheer exhilaration of CC’s first season?

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Spookone said:

If I’m being honest, even in the first half of the season I can’t remember a single game in which we played with the speed, skill and sheer exhilaration of CC’s first season?

Don't take this the wrong way Spooky.

Thats because you know nothing about football, it's not your fault mate. 

Watching match of the day won't help you out, you are done mate.

In terms of a supporter, you are just a number, no one cares.

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

That was before xmas.

The entire time Monk's been here, we managed 3 wins from losing positions, one was Brentford.

But all 3 were in those first couple of months after Monk came in, before he really started getting the player to do what he wanted and before we plummetted down the table.

Brentford was the last time we won from a losing position.
That was early December.
Since then we've taken just 2 points from 45 when losing..

Are you suggesting that because we managed it a couple of times we should ignore the 15 times we've failed?

No 

I am suggesting we should not be ignoring the two seasons before Monk came here

24 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

What an awful comment. Someone has a different opinion to you so you class them as clueless about the whole sport and write them off. Classy stuff.

There's no way we played in anything like as exciting or skillful way at any point this season as we did when we were at our best in the play-off seasons. 

Can't deny the football was effective under Monk until December but it certainly wasn't exciting or free flowing. 

55 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

What is this match of the day you speak of, the only football I watch is at Hillsborough, is that where I’m going wrong I wonder?

I really don’t understand the “you are done comment” - In fact your comments really don’t seem to have any sort of cohesion to them?

28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What an awful comment. Someone has a different opinion to you so you class them as clueless about the whole sport and write them off. Classy stuff.

There's no way we played in anything like as exciting or skillful way at any point this season as we did when we were at our best in the play-off seasons. 

Can't deny the football was effective under Monk until December but it certainly wasn't exciting or free flowing. 

Well said that man, if Mr S thinks we did I have a feeling his real name may be Garry  lol

• Like 1

Guest The Horse
3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's an incredibly positive way of looking at the last 9 games. 

'Kept fighting' against Fulham = conceded 3 before half-time against a side that hadn't scored more than 2 in 90 minutes many times this season and we ended up conceding 5 - we were never in the game really.

Folded against Preston & WBA, lost to a Middlesbrough side who were wasting time playing for a draw, again never did enough to win at home -1 home win this year. Played well 1st half against Swansea but were second best in the second half, only ourselves to blame.

To say the results were not a fair reflection is pushing it, perhaps a point at Swansea would have been fair but even then it would only have been 9 points from 9 games.

I'm not one of those internet mainstays who live and breathe for arguments on-line and i think I've plussed your posts on many an occasion but I genuinely think Monk understands the problems we have and seems driven to set the ship straight.

When really, despite any amount of money, no one of any reputation would touch us with someone else's barge pole or take to the job to do the dirty work he has.

For that alone, he deserves respect.

I hate to say it but look at the tramps across the city.

Toxic in L1.

Lap of shame.

Wilder comes in to mass condemnation.

Loses his first games.

Bottom of L1.

Huge outcry.

He finally gets the dressing room clicking.

Never looked back.

Give Monk time. He 'gets' the situation here.

I can't think of anyone else who'd take this poo show on.

4 minutes ago, The Horse said:

I'm not one of those internet mainstays who live and breathe for arguments on-line and i think I've plussed your posts on many an occasion but I genuinely think Monk understands the problems we have and seems driven to set the ship straight.

When really, despite any amount of money, no one of any reputation would touch us with someone else's barge pole or take to the job to do the dirty work he has.

Toxic in L1.

Lap of shame.

Loses his first games.

Bottom of L1.

Huge outcry.

Never looked back.

I hope you are right I really do. As you say Utd were in a state when Wilder took over and hardly hit the ground running, think they got hit for 4 in one of his first games. He put it right within weeks though and they got 100 points in his first season. Monk has gone in the opposite direction after a good start.

6 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Toxic in L1.

Lap of shame.

Loses his first games.

Bottom of L1.

Huge outcry.

Never looked back.

I think you’d be surprised? The fan base is split on **** and I don’t see this changing unless we get off to a necessary flyer next season? Personally I think he’s lost the players and unless he changes the vast majority quickly which is probably impossible at this moment in time then we’re going to struggle?

• Like 2

Guest The Horse

Mind... football is an emotional game and that's what got me hooked in my first days

Swearing, shouting, meat pies, cigars etc..

And I can guarantee that if we're getting dry bummed 0-5 by half time against WhoTheFuck Rovers, I'll be wanting Monks' head at the time.

Patience, patience, patience...