Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

This isn’t Monks team tho.  As far as I’m concerned the jury is out on Monk. He came into a bag of s**t situation, on his own, no preseason. Big earners who weren’t pulling their weight, and poison in the dressing room. We all know it needs sorting. I can’t judge his ability on this season, not with the mess he inherited.

Good managers, cope and adapt to the dressing room. After all they're the one who's supposed to MANAGE . Monk clearly doesn't manage very well. It may come in time but it could be years away for all we know.

A good manager makes a difference from early on, a truly great manager makes a difference from day one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

EVERY manager's team who has ever been sacked in the history of the universe has got worse the longer they've been there

It's literally why they get sacked!!!

Gary Megson, Dave Jones, Paul Sturrock, Stuart Gray - all sacked despite being in a far better position, and in two cases a division higher, than when they took over.

• Like 1

Monk could not even get us one more win and a draw since Xmas.

A win and a draw would have meant that with a 12 point deduction in season 2019-20 this would have kept us up.  We would now have a clean slate.

Monk really is one of the most uninspiring, useless and inept managers SWFC has ever had.

I would put Monk up there with Steve Burtenshaw, Chris Turner and Alan Irvine.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

A good manager makes a difference from early on, a truly great manager makes a difference from day one. 

Greatest manager EVER - Alex Ferguson

Remind us all how he started at Man United and how that aligns with your theory 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Good managers, cope and adapt to the dressing room. After all they're the one who's supposed to MANAGE . Monk clearly doesn't manage very well. It may come in time but it could be years away for all we know.

Fergie,shanks,revie, clough,atkinson,charlton didn't why do you expect monk to......takes time to sort the wheat from the chaff and build your own squad .    

8 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

A win and a draw would have meant that with a 12 point deduction in season 2019-20 this would have kept us up.  We would now have a clean slate.

Monk really is one of the most uninspiring, useless and inept managers SWFC has ever had.

Absolutely spot on.

And what's worse is that we can't afford another season like the one that we have had to go through.  

Ah well, mediocrity shall be the way forward.  

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Dont think the points deduction was ever going to be this season even had we been 20 points clear.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, doubleo said:

This isn’t Monks team tho.  As far as I’m concerned the jury is out on Monk. He came into a bag of s**t situation, on his own, no preseason. Big earners who weren’t pulling their weight, and poison in the dressing room. We all know it needs sorting. I can’t judge his ability on this season, not with the mess he inherited.

So, same situation Jos walked into, strange how he wasn't given the same.

16 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Is that right?..... . .I thought coz the 12pts outcome came when the regular season had finished it couldn't be back dated .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Definitely 

Who was the last Wednesday manager to achieve that?

So he inherits a really good squad at Swansea and temporarily does well with that squad of players. You class that as his success.

He inherits a poor squad with us and does badly. But you don't count thst as his failure because it's not his squad of players.

Do you not see a contradiction in your thinking  there?

• Like 1

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

So he inherits a really good squad at Swansea and temporarily does well with that squad of players. You class that as his success.

He inherits a poor squad with us and does badly. But you don't count thst as his failure because it's not his squad of players.

Temporarily did well with us didnt he or you glazing over that bit.

lol

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes and the fact hes had quite a few savings has definitely impacted his reputation. Where he was once considered an absolutely top tier manager that is no longer the case.

Dont disagree. Merely stating that a manager is bad because thay have been sacked is just rubbish though.

Even though they were established in the PL and had finished midtable in the previous three seasons and won a trophy. In Neil's world he probably saved them from certain relegation, just like he singlehandedly rode his white charger and saved Birmingham from the drop.

Sorry dont see how that's relevant to the point I'm making?

What point were you making.?

I just saw you say he done temporarily well at Swansea with a good squad and then just poor with us with a bad one. Bit he did temporarily well with that bad squad till xmas.