GARRY MONK vs NEW MANAGER THREAD

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WE HAVE GOT A MANAGER

Anyone thinking the manager is the problem at this football club needs a long long lie down for a bit to think about it

You seem to rate Monk Mr Owlstalk. Please can you explain why you have such faith in him and this is a genuine question.

57 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Anyone who doesn't does!

Monk was a disaster from December onwards.

Ironically as soon as the EFL hearing started to gather pace and the players seemed to stop giving a balls. 

Monk isn't perfect, but the problem at this club is clearly the inept, stubborn clown running the show.  We're considerably worse off than when he took over and will only get worse from here. 

All we've done is postpone relegation for 1 season,  no new manager is going to fix this.  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WE HAVE GOT A MANAGER

Anyone thinking the manager is the problem at this football club needs a long long lie down for a bit to think about it

Have followed your advice, had a lie down, admittedly while watching PSG v OL, and have realised that Monk is an even worse manager than I had thought and needs to go on monastery leave straight away. His record here shows that! 

Obviously he is not the only problem, but some of the other problems have already not had their contracts renewed.

With a proper manager we could overcome a 12 point deduction. With Monk we will need to pray a lot to avoid relegation...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Have followed your advice, had a lie down, admittedly while watching PSG v OL, and have realised that Monk is an even worse manager than I had thought and needs to go on monastery leave straight away. His record here shows that! 

Obviously he is not the only problem, but some of the other problems have already not had their contracts renewed.

With a proper manager we could overcome a 12 point deduction. With Monk we will need to pray a lot to avoid relegation...

Fair play for giving my advice a go

That's all I have though - I don't really have anything else to offer on this one

lol

Was worth a try tho

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

WE HAVE GOT A MANAGER

It’s obviously Bullen that’s the problem. The common denominator in our failures 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Monk did well with his hands tied and a points deduction hanging over his head at Birmingham.

If we can recruit some players with a bit of fight in them, he could do similar here.

Ironically, Garry Monk is almost THE perfect manager to have in our position.

He absolutely bossed it at Birmingham with that team under a real financial mess. Completely galvanised the team and the fans together. Monk knows we all hate SWFC at the moment, he's said it loads - he wants to make it right.

Who else in management has that experience and knows what it takes to come out the other side and survive? 

(Makes me wonder if this is a masterstroke from DC after all, and he was hired for this very specific scenario!) 

• Haha 1

When are people going to realise that the problem is far deeper than Monk. He’s a flop and needs to go but he has had one arm tied behind his back - that’s what Cc and JL had, what frightened Bruce off, and what’ll apply to any new manager. Chansiri needs to dump his advisors, back off - that’s if he has to stay, I’d prefer him to go and take his sodding elephants with him - and let people such as the manager do their jobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

As above... With vast majority of the fans wanting Monk out the door, who will really want to come and take on this mess.

Just have to back Monk now at least until November. Hopefully he’s given chance to bring in some more young players.

We have been in far worse positions... Up the owls

Were done.monk will do owt where down.welsh ********

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WE HAVE GOT A MANAGER

No

That was my entire advice book I read out

lol

In that case I think you need to have a long lie down and think about the advice you're giving out!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

In that case I think you need to have a long lie down and think about the advice you're giving out!

Literally the only person with a proven track record of steering a club with a minus points deficit to success = Garry Monk

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Owlstalk Shop