GARRY MONK vs NEW MANAGER THREAD

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

9 behind then?

It is not difficult.  Birmingham were docked about 9 or 12 points that put them about 4th bottom.  Monk carried on and did good work and got them safe. 

We will be BOTTOM by 12 points.  Marooned.  Isolated.  Fooked. 

For all good intentions this Chairman has took the ********.  Nice day at Wembley though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

It is not difficult.  Birmingham were docked about 9 or 12 points that put them about 4th bottom.  Monk carried on and did good work and got them safe. 

For all good intentions this Chairman has took the ********.  Nice day at Wembley though. 

We might not be the only ones who get a deduction.

Four wins and you're back to zero. Could have been a lot worse.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

We might not be the only ones who get a deduction.

Four wins and you're back to zero. Could have been a lot worse.

Hallelujah!!  We are saved.  Please tell me how many points we have since Boxing Day. 

Obviously with a huge squad starting the season. 

1 minute ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Hallelujah!!  We are saved.  Please tell me how many points we have since Boxing Day. 

Obviously with a huge squad starting the season. 

You can look that up for yourself mate. It won't be many will it.

I'm not saying we are by any means saved or will definitely survive next season but it COULD have been a lot worse. Imagine -21 points and a transfer ban. That easily could have happened. The squad will be different next season to this. Forget 19/20 it's done.

Might as well try and be positive. The moaning, whinging, bitching and in fighting on here will help nobody.

• Like 6

Guest Kagoshimaowl
36 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Was a deduction yes and maybe 9 but saying it did not put them 12 BEHIND everyone else

Hirsty don’t bother with Owlstalk. Everyone else understands what you are saying as their deduction was mid season so it DID’NT put them 9 points behind anything. I actually think he could be Monk’s secret lover!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I'm not saying we are by any means saved or will definitely survive next season but it COULD have been a lot worse. Imagine -21 points and a transfer ban. That easily could have happened. The squad will be different next season to this. Forget 19/20 it's done.

Might as well try and be positive. The moaning, whinging, bitching and in fighting on here will help nobody.

Are you joking? Nobody will want to join us this summer with us being basically confirmed as relegated. We will be playing the kids next year and get murdered every week.

Should have accepted the punishment without appealing and taking the penalty mid season to give us the chance to survive. I think the best option is to relegate us now and start afresh. All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hirsty don’t bother with Owlstalk. Everyone else understands what you are saying as their deduction was mid season so it DID’NT put them 9 points behind anything. I actually think he could be Monk’s secret lover!!

Very mature that mate

A mid season deduction is still a points deduction 

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Doesn’t matter when the points were deducted they were still made up. 

It is not difficult...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Put them nine points behind where they were...

• Like 1

Said this in other threads but it's worth repeating here - we need a real General to lead us into next season, achieving survival is going to be all about mentality. The squad's focus and determination can't be allowed to slip for a second - we certainly can't afford any periods like after Christmas when we drifted for months on end.

I'm not as critical of Monk as some on here, but motivation isn't one of his strengths. We need a leader who'll make no compromises, someone in the Nigel Pearson/Mick McCarthy mould. Both are available but sadly I suspect neither would touch us with a barge pole just now.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Game over man...game over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

We need Ripleys not Private William Hudsons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I can't be positive but I totally agree we have gotten away lightly compared to what we could have got.

Get one of the ‘sons’ in ASAP and yes it will cost CC to pay off Monk but each one of these ex players will have SWFC at heart. That’s also what’s missing a manager that has a bond with SWFC (think about the ‘dark side!’) After the ‘appeal’ the club needs to buckle down and stop signing so called ‘stars’ who have no feelings for the club except for the money even though hardly any ‘stars’ would want to sign now. 
It’s now a time to grow in strength and resolve and IMO these two ex managers should be approached to steer our wonderful club to better times. CC should bite the bullet and do what’s best for the club because it’s his like it or not and spend wisely, as an owner of something you have to look after it, starting off with a new manager.

• Haha 2

Sorry I should say DC

1 hour ago, owlsruleok said:

Get one of the ‘sons’ in ASAP and yes it will cost CC to pay off Monk but each one of these ex players will have SWFC at heart. That’s also what’s missing a manager that has a bond with SWFC (think about the ‘dark side!’) After the ‘appeal’ the club needs to buckle down and stop signing so called ‘stars’ who have no feelings for the club except for the money even though hardly any ‘stars’ would want to sign now. 
It’s now a time to grow in strength and resolve and IMO these two ex managers should be approached to steer our wonderful club to better times. CC should bite the bullet and do what’s best for the club because it’s his like it or not and spend wisely, as an owner of something you have to look after it, starting off with a new manager.

DC not CC

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Said this in other threads but it's worth repeating here - we need a real General to lead us into next season, achieving survival is going to be all about mentality. The squad's focus and determination can't be allowed to slip for a second - we certainly can't afford any periods like after Christmas when we drifted for months on end.

I'm not as critical of Monk as some on here, but motivation isn't one of his strengths. We need a leader who'll make no compromises, someone in the Nigel Pearson/Mick McCarthy mould. Both are available but sadly I suspect neither would touch us with a barge pole just now.

Couldn’t agree more about needing a general on the field. I’d go as far as to day we need a couple. One sitting in between Iorfa and Borner and the other one of the 3 in CM to ensure we don’t have massive gaps in our spine. The manager can only do so much, there are times you need stronger characters on the pitch. The amount of late goals conceded for a start is more down to the character of the players than the manager.

• Like 1