BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

There is only one shareholder. Mr Chansiri. The only person he has defrauded is himself. ... and the EFL.

All these rules are setup to stop Directors robbing Shareholders, or Creditors. 

Chansiri is all three.

other 3rd parties as well. 

It is about adding credibility to the figures 

Guest mkowl
Just now, Ozymandias Owl said:

That's fine, but the Auditors report to the Shareholders, not God or the EFL.

True 

Why I am saying the Club and its auditors may determine they don't need changing. The panel is not the judge in the real world

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

we don’t really have clarity though with Charlton appealing. Who knows what could happen with that. Also can you really see any half decent players signing for us now we are in this position? Loans for example, i can’t see Prem sides loaning us their talent knowing we will be fighting relegation 

We were looking at consolidation next season I suspect, with the squad in transition and even if we start on -12 reasonable to finish mid table. A good start like last year and we'll be closing the gap before the end of October. Others may yet have issues, Derby for example or other clubs reportedly on the verge of admin. We might not be the only ones deducted points.

Now have wriggle room to invest in players, may not be so reliant on loans? 

Some prem clubs might be concerned, most, as with players mainly interested in the £££.

Bottom line, I'd rather be in the Championship, even on -12, than in league 1.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But people are claiming that now we have been charged with a points deduction for it, the stadium sale can magically now be included in this years accounts instead of being backdated. Meaning we cant fall foul when this years accounts are presented.

How does that work?

If commission verdict was that sale is ok but profit should have been included in 2019 p&s period not 2018 , which appears the case then, logically profit us to go against 2019 p&s figure

• Like 1

Just now, mkowl said:

other 3rd parties as well. 

It is about adding credibility to the figures 

Who are the other third parties? Pukka Pies bill for February?

He owns the ground, the club and he's the one single major creditor throwing money into the club. 

If you read the accounts each year Chansiri basically has to state SWFC are only a going concern because he's covering all the losses... again this year. 

The day he doesn't do that, we're in administration like Wigan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Who are the other third parties? Pukka Pies bill for February?

He owns the ground, the club and he's the one single major creditor throwing money into the club. 

If you read the accounts each year Chansiri basically has to state SWFC are only a going concern because he's covering all the losses... again this year. 

The day he doesn't do that, we're in administration like Wigan. 

HMRC for one....

Without doubt the chairman has made a complete mess of our finances and failed to hire proper "football people" and yes is 100% at fault for the situation we find ourselves in.However, we can overcome -12 points and survive next season, its up to GM to prove his worth and for us to back the team not matter how angry, frustrated or totally pissed off we feel.

Given the very real possibility of no crowds, season ticket refunds etc next season amid the ongoing pandemic we may find that we are grateful to have a wealthy chairman who is willing to spend his money to keep our beloved club afloat when there could be little or no income.So lets give him a chance to make up for his failings, after all, I'm sure he wants what we want otherwise why else would he have bought the club given the huge amount a grief most football chairmen receive.

I'm really not confident that there is a queue of potential buyers out there for us as even the wealthy will be concerned whilst ever Covid 19 is around.

Chins up fellow Owls we will come back from this but we need to all stick together and continue our support for our club and just maybe we might be pleasantly surprised by GM and the boys........give them a chance.  

4 minutes ago, striker said:

We were looking at consolidation next season I suspect, with the squad in transition and even if we start on -12 reasonable to finish mid table. A good start like last year and we'll be closing the gap before the end of October. Others may yet have issues, Derby for example or other clubs reportedly on the verge of admin. We might not be the only ones deducted points.

Now have wriggle room to invest in players, may not be so reliant on loans? 

Some prem clubs might be concerned, most, as with players mainly interested in the £££.

Bottom line, I'd rather be in the Championship, even on -12, than in league 1.

completely agree with that last paragraph.  

• Like 2

As I see it, we essentially got the same deduction as we would have got had DC not sold the ground to himself. It has however, cost him a fortune in legal fees and has tarnished the club's reputation in the interim. In addition we are now consigned to playing out a season where we have little chance of promotion from the outset. What a shambles!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Without doubt the chairman has made a complete mess of our finances and failed to hire proper "football people" and yes is 100% at fault for the situation we find ourselves in.However, we can overcome -12 points and survive next season, its up to GM to prove his worth and for us to back the team not matter how angry, frustrated or totally pissed off we feel.

Given the very real possibility of no crowds, season ticket refunds etc next season amid the ongoing pandemic we may find that we are grateful to have a wealthy chairman who is willing to spend his money to keep our beloved club afloat when there could be little or no income.So lets give him a chance to make up for his failings, after all, I'm sure he wants what we want otherwise why else would he have bought the club given the huge amount a grief most football chairmen receive.

I'm really not confident that there is a queue of potential buyers out there for us as even the wealthy will be concerned whilst ever Covid 19 is around.

Chins up fellow Owls we will come back from this but we need to all stick together and continue our support for our club and just maybe we might be pleasantly surprised by GM and the boys........give them a chance.  

Good positive post thank you mate

One thing that came to mind whilst reading it was that I honestly don’t think he was aware of the last grief Chairmen get before buying the club 

In fact I’m pretty sure he saw the love for the last chairman and thought it would always be like that as a basic minimum

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If commission verdict was that sale is ok but profit should have been included in 2019 p&s period not 2018 , which appears the case then, logically profit us to go against 2019 p&s figure

And dont we then fail FFP for the previous season now that we dont have the stadium sale included in the past season?

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

we don’t really have clarity though with Charlton appealing. Who knows what could happen with that. Also can you really see any half decent players signing for us now we are in this position? Loans for example, i can’t see Prem sides loaning us their talent knowing we will be fighting relegation 

Next season starts on the 12 September so given how long it takes the EFL, I don’t think Charlton will have time to get their appeal verdict for the new season.

Agree it’s a mess though and players aren’t going to be queueing up to sign for us

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

As I see it, we essentially got the same deduction as we would have got had DC not sold the ground to himself. It has however, cost him a fortune in legal fees and has tarnished the club's reputation in the interim. In addition we are now consigned to playing out a season where we have little chance of promotion from the outset. What a shambles!

However if he hasn’t sold the ground, we would also break PnS rules again when our next accounts are published. 

12 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

That was my thinking.

2017/18 now £36m loss (for which we've been punished)

2018/19 to include £38m ground sale profit. Also in this period we started our high earner cull. Expect at least the £2m profit posted as before.

2019/20 to include reported £10m from Joao and Bruce departures.

For the next 3 year cycle, starts with 2018/19 from a point of profit, 2017/18 loss drops off re P&S?

Edited by striker