BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

I'm 56 watched Wednesday all my life but I'm slowly but surely losing the will 

Tonight's news has put a further nail in the coffin , they've already got next season's money but I'll be asking for a refund after the ridiculously early 'early bird offer . Fans infighting, club run like a Sunday league outfit and players stealing a wage ,no sorry Mr Chansiri you've lost a fair few Wednesdayites tonight with your reckless running of our football club.

Same age and in the same position.....if I didn't have a ST for next season I just CBA to go.....sad times

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

My response was in relation to maddogbob saying we have no chance of winning the league. None of the teams you mentioned ever won the league in recent years, under a regime of parachute payments.

Playoffs yes. League winners, no.

Leeds and the grunters have done it without parachute payments?

As per usual, people have become entrenched in their "side" and just cannot admit when they're wrong.

We have a shít squad, a devastated fanbase and -12 points.

What else is it going to take for those that backed Chansiri to hold their hands up and finally admit they backed the wrong conceptual horse here...

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

That effectly means we will be relegated next season instead. 

I'd be getting a season ticket refund based on that. 

138 points to play for over 46 games. 4 wins and that leaves us with 126 points.

I'll take that, it means we are still in th championship next season.

Even with out the 12 point deduction we were never going to bother the top 6 next season, and maybe the season after.

To all those who want a rebate, go for it, and we will see you in two seasons time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

As per usual, people have become entrenched in their "side" and just cannot admit when they're wrong.

What else is it going to take for those that backed Chansiri to hold their hands up and finally admit they backed the wrong conceptual horse here...

Wether you back him or you don’t what’s the difference apart from point scoring on owlstalk ???  If you don’t back him its not going to change a single thing is it , can have the whole fan base against him if you like , he still owns the club and like every other owner in this rotten sport all we are as fans is the mugs who keep throwing money into the pot 

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Completley agree with your point, parachute payments create an unfair playing field, but United got promoted under the same constraints.

Also consider where the likes of Huddersfield, Hull and Stoke finished,

It can be done.

Yes it can be done without parachute payments, but since they were introduced on average 2 out of the 3 teams promoted from the championship each season were receiving them, therefore on average 1 promoted team wasn't. So yes parachute payments do give clubs a big advantage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Leeds and the grunters have done it without parachute payments?

I didn't say they hadn't. I made absolutely no comments on who has or who hasn't, or what they did or didn't have, financially. I was simply responding to the ridiculous notion that someone posted we have no chance of winning the league.

Wow. Breaking news.

4 hours ago, mogbad said:

I'd rather start next season in the Championship on -12 than start next season in League 1

I wouldn’t. We’re only putting off the inevitable. Would you rather be in the championship in 2021/22 or league one?

28 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

My response was in relation to maddogbob saying we have no chance of winning the league. None of the teams you mentioned ever won the league in recent years, under a regime of parachute payments.

Playoffs yes. League winners, no.

Leeds United?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes it can be done without parachute payments, but since they were introduced on average 2 out of the 3 teams promoted from the championship each season were receiving them, therefore on average 1 promoted team wasn't. So yes parachute payments do give clubs a big advantage.

How many relegated clubs from the prem have been relegated to the 3rd tier of English football, and bounced back?.

We are still in the championship next season, 12 points is 4 games out of 46.

Who in their right mind expected us to challenge for promotion next season?.

If you cant take it and decide to not support the Owls, then that is your choice, I will stay with them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What difference does it make now? 

Outside of sitting there smug and telling people you were right and they were wrong.

You giving yourself a big pat on the back (well done you) atm is going to change the sweet sum of f all.

Sorry to ******** on your chips. It was hard, what with you being up there on the high horse. 

Does the EFL think having a side start on -12 or even -21 protects the integrity of the league ??   How do they think we will sign players ? We won’t , kids will be playing and getting spanked every week by Bournemouth with there £80m in the bank 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This situation is more complicated than the “sides” you refer to IMO. 

DC is clueless, but what’s the alternative? I don’t like what DC has done to my club at all but I recognise that if he packs his bags then we’re probably going into admin, which would mean another 12 point deduction and all but guaranteed L1 football in 21/22 — if we even have a club left to watch by then. We’re fúcked with him in charge, but right now we’d be even more fúcked without him.

It’s a real mess, he’s got us by the balls and there’s nowt we can do but hope this makes him realise he needs to get people in who know what they’re doing (and keep them there), because he sure as shít doesn’t

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Does the EFL think having a side start on -12 or even -21 protects the integrity of the league ??   How do they think we will sign players ? We won’t , kids will be playing and getting spanked every week by Bournemouth with there £80m in the bank 

More reasons why we shouldn’t have broke the rules then mate 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How many relegated clubs from the prem have been relegated to the 3rd tier of English football, and bounced back?.

We are still in the championship next season, 12 points is 4 games out of 46.

Who in their right mind expected us to challenge for promotion next season?.

If you cant take it and decide to not support the Owls, then that is your choice, I will stay with them.

Agree, Barmsley stayed up, so that's 6 points lol

4 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

I wouldn’t. We’re only putting off the inevitable. Would you rather be in the championship in 2021/22 or league one?

With Monk at the helm its a tall order I admit but I also wouldn't trust Monk to build a squad to gain promotion from League 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

What difference does it make now? 

Outside of sitting there smug and telling people you were right and they were wrong.

You giving yourself a big pat on the back (well done you) atm is going to change the sweet sum of f all.

Sorry to ******** on your chips. It was hard, what with you being up there on the high horse. 

This is misplaced anger and you chuffing know it. Humility costs nowt.

The fanbase needs to stick together, and it's going to be extremely hard for the fanbase to do that if those really upset at what DC has orchestrated feel like a certain % of the fanbase are still right there behind him telling him to not worry about the big bad EFL and we didn't do anything wrong. 

The fans need to come together as a collective and provide a pressure and a voice to offer some form of constructive harmony between the chairman and fans to help push the club in the direction we all want it to go. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

More reasons why we shouldn’t have broke the rules then mate 

Never said we should have did I ?   But what is the point of having teams on -12 or -21 ? You honestly think that’s an appropriate punishment ?  There is absolutely no point whatsoever a side competing in the championship on that footing 

Who’s gonna sign ? It will be a youth team 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

This is misplaced anger and you chuffing know it. Humility costs nowt.

The fanbase needs to stick together, and it's going to be extremely hard for the fanbase to do that if those really upset at what DC has orchestrated feel like a certain % of the fanbase are still right there behind him telling him to not worry about the big bad EFL and we didn't do anything wrong. 

The fans need to come together as a collective and provide a pressure and a voice to offer some form of constructive harmony between the chairman and fans to help push the club in the direction we all want it to go. 

You preach constructive harmony and berate and belittle anyone who disagrees with you (yeah, pot. kettle. black.) 

Humility costs now? 

Practice what you preach.