BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

not the best news but lets face it 21pts at the start of next season was on the cards like it or not, and that would have been a death sentence next season and set the club back even more, 12 points would only take a modest improvement, and we are finally free to resume a sensible transfer policy  

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We should be relegated 

go to league one and start again,  -12 points ?   No point whatsoever 

you would rather us have been relegated now than have a chance to survive next season with a 4/5 point improvement on last?

Come on pal.. we would need about 63 points, hardly out of our capabilities with a few decent signings  

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

We should be relegated 

go to league one and start again,  -12 points ?   No point whatsoever 

I don’t know, when you think it is only 4 wins before we are back to 0 points. Obviously with the form we have shown since Christmas that doesn’t sound like it will happen in a hurry though. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Given the ramifications then a balance of probabilities decision ain't good enough 

But presumably like the tribunal Forestieri went through it’ll be on a civil law basis so that’s exactly what it will be. Which has all been fine until we get involved 

The mad thing is if the season had finished on lockdown, no restart and the final table was decided after 37 games like leagues 1 & 2. We could have taken 12 point deduction then and we wouldn't have been relegated. We would have finished fourth from bottom 1 point above the relegation place.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What difference does it make now? 

Outside of sitting there smug and telling people you were right and they were wrong.

You giving yourself a big pat on the back (well done you) atm is going to change the sweet sum of f all.

Sorry to ******** on your chips. It was hard, what with you being up there on the high horse. 

Makes a bit of difference because the fan base is still divided?

We still have fans like casbah backing DC and calling other fans bed wetters 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You preach constructive harmony and berate and belittle anyone who disagrees with you (yeah, pot. kettle. black.) 

Humility costs now? 

Practice what you preach.

Whereas you telling me I'm somehow getting off to what's happening to the club I support and getting all high-horsy about it isn't remotely confrontational or belittling at all...

You're right. Pot and kettle. Cheers Si.

3 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

you would rather us have been relegated now than have a chance to survive next season with a 4/5 point improvement on last?

Come on pal..

Yep 

Who in the hell are we signing ? We need a new squad mate ... who’s signing up for a relegation scrap ? Kids , that’s who 

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Makes a bit of difference because the fan base is still divided?

We still have fans like casbah backing DC and calling other fans bed wetters 

I still back him because he provides financial stability at a time we are haemorrhaging money as a club, I don;y know if your aware but there isn't a long line of people ready to sweep us off our feet, more likely to send us into admin 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we appeal and lose could we then be docked more points than -12? Do we have anything to lose by appealing? 

There are 2 types of appeal. (I) Set the original decision aside and have the case re-heard; (ii) argue that the decision was made in error, rendering it null and void. In the first type there’s the danger that the arbitration panel who would hear the disciplinary appeal may award a stricter sanction. Any appeal is also expensive if you lose. Reports say that the Wigan appeal is costing 400-500k

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t know, when you think it is only 4 wins before we are back to 0 points. Obviously with the form we have shown since Christmas that doesn’t sound like it will happen in a hurry though. 

If we repeat the form since Christmas we’ll only be on 5 points after 23 games

Monkmanface

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yep 

Who in the hell are we signing ? We need a new squad mate ... who’s signing up for a relegation scrap ? Kids , that’s who 

you can win leagues with kids... I don't know who we will sign in the future but we have freed up alot of capital and I know DC will invest every penny he can, because so far he has, misguided as its been 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How many relegated clubs from the prem have been relegated to the 3rd tier of English football, and bounced back?.

We are still in the championship next season, 12 points is 4 games out of 46.

Who in their right mind expected us to challenge for promotion next season?.

If you cant take it and decide to not support the Owls, then that is your choice, I will stay with them.

Eh where have I said I'm not going to support them anymore?

I like your optimism with 12 points is only 4 wins. On our form in 2020 that will take half the season to achieve. :wacko:

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Eh where have I said I'm not going to support them anymore?

I like your optimism with 12 points is only 4 wins. On our form in 2020 that will take half the season to achieve. :wacko:

Next season is a new season.

I am sorry if I upset you, only pointing out that every one has the right to not go to the games if they are concerned about how the club is being run.