BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Don’t like to hear so much defeatist talk from Wednesday fans. Some talking as if relegation next season is a certainty. DC has a big decision to make now, as to whether he thinks Monk is the right man to put together a squad which will fight its way up from the bottom of the table. For me, I think we need a real motivator and I haven’t seen anything which makes me think Monk is the man. The points deduction should be easily surmountable, given the right recruitment and a decent manager. Rotherham overhauled -17 ten or so years ago, admittedly in L2. Of course Wednesday can do it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

That effectly means we will be relegated next season instead. 

I'd be getting a season ticket refund based on that. 

Why does it? Explain in absolute detail how we will be relegated, when a ball hasn't even been kicked yet.

3 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Pissed off that means nxt season is fckd

Why is next season fckd? What were you personally expecting? Promotion? If so, get a grip.

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

As if it's not enough punishment having Monk in charge

If he's still here next season we won't recover from that

Why won't we recover? Explain to us all, why we won't, because all I can see is you being mardy-arsed.

You three are the very reason why there is so much negativity, not only on this forum, but throughout the entire stadium when we play at home. I hope you are proud.

Never been fans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a really crap feeling that this has all happened and DC now owns the ground. 

All this just to sign Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi, Dave Jones, Joost van Aken and Urby Emmanuelson.

Could easily have been avoided. Complete mismanagement from DC

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

That was my thinking.

2017/18 now £36m loss (for which we've been punished)

2018/19 to include £38m ground sale profit. Also in this period we started our high earner cull. Expect at least the £2m profit posted as before.

2019/20 to include reported £10m from Joao and Bruce departures.

For the 3 year next cycle, starts 2018/19 from a point of profit, 2017/18 loss drops off re P&S?

You’ve missed a year, we’ve been punished for 3 years accounts 15/16 to 17/18

So the next accounts as per PnS rules will be 16/17 to 18/19

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, striker said:

That was my thinking.

2017/18 now £36m loss (for which we've been punished)

2018/19 to include £38m ground sale profit. Also in this period we started our high earner cull. Expect at least the £2m profit posted as before.

2019/20 to include reported £10m from Joao and Bruce departures.

For the next 3 year cycle, starts with 2018/19 from a point of profit, 2017/18 loss drops off re P&S?

It's interesting once you break FFP I thought count resets to zero so then 2018 and before are irrelevant for FFP going forward? So new 3 years cycle starts with 2018/2019 year onwards (which would contain stadium sale)

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's interesting once you break FFP I thought count resets to zero so then 2018 and before are irrelevant for FFP going forward? So new 3 years cycle starts with 2018/2019 year onwards (which would contain stadium sale)

No

I think that now needs to be our line where chansiri ensures we change tact to a more sustainable model. We need to follow the Brentford model.
The deduction is not the end of everything (well promotion it is), but teams could/can recover, but teams with fight, with talent, with endeavour.

As stated, there is a possibility that other teams could have issues with P&S and also larger admin penalties, we may not be alone in trouble throughout the season so may not need 62 points, but I wouldn't want to rely on that. I'd want may team to do it on their own ability. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll back them whenever I'm at a game, as much as I can, but  I can't help but question 1) the manager 2) assembling a squad, as we don't know whether we will be under an embargo on new accounts or for other reasons 3) what/who can we attract now? What best players would want to play without chances of promotion? Only relegation as a possibility 4) if one is willing to sign, is it because they need a club, so will they have and indeed apply the fight 5) Monk will still play Joey won't he.....

So I'm conflicted. If we'd got a squad (say of a couple of years ago) I'd say we can do it. At the moment that is clutching at the straws of possibility, so I can't fault those who don't have an unerring belief right now as we haven't been given that carrot/oar to hold on to right now.

9 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Why does it? Explain in absolute detail how we will be relegated, when a ball hasn't even been kicked yet.

Why is next season fckd? What were you personally expecting? Promotion? If so, get a grip.

Why won't we recover? Explain to us all, why we won't, because all I can see is you being mardy-arsed.

You three are the very reason why there is so much negativity, not only on this forum, but throughout the entire stadium when we play at home. I hope you are proud.

Never been fans!

We are in a league we have no chance of winning (as it stands currently) this makes it a non competitive competition for us. 

Recruitment will be an issue because of this. 

We need players. 

I'm not actually being mardy, it's factually a write off, a complete waste of time. One I won't be investing much emotion or money in. Its non competitive garbage and DC and swfc can stick it. 

Personally I'd suggest getting your head out of the sand on this one, but if you want to be all zany and pretend, we are going to be fighting the good fight, when we've been done for breaking the rules (rules that wouldn't have been broken, if we ran the club sustainably), then crack on. 

Lastly, our only current signed striker is Jordan Rhodes. Let the sink in. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Genuine question ..

Anyone else literally fed up of football and gonna pack the lot in ?   Im not angry about the deduction and in all honesty see charltons argument,  I just cannot accept people talking about financial fair play when I’m seeing Bournemouth coming down with £80m + in back pocket and the other 2 with failure payments 

When i see Aston Villa breaking the rules and sitting cushty in the Prem 

I can’t buy into following this sport much more, it’s absolutely stinking from top to

bottom and now we can’t even talk football we have to talk legal challenges in court rooms 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’d rather have the 12 points this season, get relegated, and bounce straight back. We’ve got a better chance of building a side for promotion in League 1 than building one to avoid relegation in the Championship. 

Problem with that scenario is will there even be a L1 next season?

If fans arent allowed in to games , most clubs at that level need  the gate money. Far less important in the championship.  

Could easily see a premier league two being created, and the rest being cut loose. We need to stay in the second tier next year to have the income from the tv. 

The EFL haven't covered them selves in glory with us and Derby and Wigan  and Bury & Birmingham etc. If they scrap the league cup next year , I really think it could be curtains for them.

They have already said FFP ( OR what ever its called will be paused next year.) . I can see it being scrapped all together . What if it is scrapped  and they just replace it with a salary cap of peanuts levels we would be screwed for ever !

Its never easy getting promotion out of any league at the first attempt, just look at Sunderland.! Really cant see DC getting rid of Monk, can you really see him getting us promoted?

Best chance for us is stay up. Appeal the amount of points deduction, Derby get off. We say how come two of the three charges have been dropped , but we still get more point deducted than Birmingham did, and they went on and kept spending, when we have complied.?  On appeal which drags it on and stops any chance of it being done this season ( whinging Charlton etc) .

Its reduced to 6 points  before the transfer window closes, DC comes back to UK late as always, We pick up a few decent loan deals , have half decent season , avoid relegation.Have a stronger squad. Wage bill drops more with Rhodes and Westwoods contracts up.Some of the young ones come good, Covid becomes less of an issue crowds return. DC finds a buyer and ******** ,off and we move on with a brighter future.

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

Never been fans!

We’ve won 4 out of the last 23 league games and that’s with the likes of Fletcher, Fox, Murphy, Forestieri, Wickham, Nuhiu and Lee in our squad. 

Are you happy with how the squad is looking for next season?

We’ve not won a game at home even when the stadium has been empty and you’re still blaming the fans?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a really crap feeling that this has all happened and DC now owns the ground. 

And unless the 2018/19 accounts states otherwise he hasn't yet paid a penny towards the purchase.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

You look at Birmingham who have failed with FFP in the past, then you realise they have just sold one of their players for a crazy amount of money which will help them out massively. Wish we had talent we could shift for big fees. 

We did have , FF at one point, Reach like wise, Hirst. Problem is DC knows feck all about football

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Genuine question ..

Anyone else literally fed up of football and gonna pack the lot in ?   Im not angry about the deduction and in all honesty see charltons argument,  I just cannot accept people talking about financial fair play when I’m seeing Bournemouth coming down with £80m + in back pocket and the other 2 with failure payments 

When i see Aston Villa breaking the rules and sitting cushty in the Prem 

I can’t buy into following this sport much more, it’s absolutely stinking from top to

bottom and now we can’t even talk football we have to talk legal challenges in court rooms 

Yup, from grassroots upwards. Some of the utter testicles I've come across the last few weeks. 

All about money and ego. 

Football is just crap. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No point in bothering next season. 12 is too much. We are fooked. Would rather have gone down this season and started again.

So you think there will actually be a league one next year? Ive played for pub sides with bigger budgets than the money in league one next year without fans .

• Like 1