BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

I just hope we have got some scouts out looking for talent in League 1 who fancy a chance with a big club.  They’re the only way we can start building for the future.

Any decent Championship player would be only prepared to sign for one season as we’re going to be in a battle at the bottom for 8 months, with a fair chance of relegation.

Edited by Bratty

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nightmare scenario isn't it mate

Although fans might  not be allowed into the ground still if this Covid thing doesn't clear off

If covid lasts for a year we may be on positive points by time we step into hillsborough again 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No point in bothering next season. 12 is too much. We are fooked. Would rather have gone down this season and started again.

Another one 

never imagined we had so many bottlers in our fan base 

and I use the term  fan base sparingly 

So without stadium sale we lost

15/16 9.8m

16/17 20.8m

17/18 35.5m

totals 66.1m hence we’ve been punished. 27m over what’s allowed. 

So when the 18/19 accounts are published, we’re looking at losses of 56.3m for 16/17 and 17/18, plus latest losses for 18/19 less what we made on the ground sale (people say 38m?). 

So my fag packet maths says we can cope with losses of about 21m in the latest accounts. Anything above that and we’re in the poo again

• Thanks 1

Just now, Essix Blue said:

15/16 9.8m

16/17 20.8m

17/18 35.5m

So when the 18/19 accounts are published, we’re looking at losses of 56.3m for 16/17 and 17/18, plus latest losses for 18/19 less what we made on the ground sale (people say 38m?). 

So my fag packet maths says we can cope with losses of about 21m in the latest accounts. Anything above that and we’re in the poo again

Yep that looks about right

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, S W F C said:

Can someone please clarify - 

so we sold the stadium and backdated it to previous years accounts, hoping to make a profit in that tax year.. However this has been rejected meaning we broke the FFP rules. 

So what happens to the stadium sale, do we include that in this years accounts? 

Yes - the current year figures will include it and the comparatives restated.

Irony is the 31st July 2019 figures might have been filed today - on the presumption of business as usual.

Might be interesting - will the Club ignore the Independent panel and say we still consider these are valid. They have no jurisdiction to say accounts are wrong outside this judgement call.

Edited by mkowl

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep that looks about right

So, have we saved 14m from 2017/18 season to 2018/19?

Also, will the rent on the stadium be added to the accounts?

Edited by Essix Blue

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

15/16 9.8m

16/17 20.8m

17/18 35.5m

That's what I think as well. I seem to remember when the stadium sale was included we posted a profit if circa £2million

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

15/16 9.8m

16/17 20.8m

17/18 35.5m

Realistically with Hooper Abdi Boyd et al on the books , no playoffs and only Hunt sold it's going to need some very creative accounting to get us under 39M on a three year period 

cannot wait to view the accounts 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Another one 

never imagined we had so many bottlers in our fan base 

and I use the term  fan base sparingly 

You can live in dream world all you like. Next season is a write off. poo manager and no strikers. Please tell me who is going to sign for us with minus 12. Next season is a total waste of time. Better in League 1 trying to get promoted. You can be a ‘great supporter’ if you like but you just sound like a complete fool to me!

Just now, Themagiccap said:

Realistically with Hooper Abdi Boyd et al on the books , no playoffs and only Hunt sold it's going to need some very creative accounting to get us under 39M on a three year period 

My thoughts exactly

Just now, Themagiccap said:

Sold Joao 

any more?

8 minutes ago, Bratty said:

I just hope we have got some scouts out looking for talent in League 1 who fancy a chance with a big club.  They’re the only way we can start building for the future.

Any decent Championship player would be only prepared to sign for one season as we’re going to be in a battle at the bottom for 8 months, with a fair chance of relegation.

5CFF6141-2543-4156-BB3F-9B162DE52511.jpeg

• Haha 2