BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Agree which is why I'd be shocked if comparative amounts restated in 2019 accounts.

They can't punish us twice, just like we can't count the sale twice. 

The only rules he's broken are EFL rules and accounting ones. 

He's not avoided tax, indeed he may have paid more tax than he should. 

Its over barring Charltons appeal

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Agree which is why I'd be shocked if comparative amounts restated in 2019 accounts.

Admission of guilt if you do that before any appeal.

It is all about professional judgement and unless there is compelling evidence then who is to say one person is more right than another 

Until we see, if we ever do, the written reasons for this decision I am still keeping an open mind

Ok, far from ideal and extremely embarrassing, but...

We've not been relegated

12 points a worse case scenario (subject to appeal) and not insurmountable 

Likely the £38m ground sale profit now goes into 2018/19 accounts proving advantageous for future P&S 3 year cycle

We can now plan for next season

This season could easily have been a relegation season, take the positives and deal with the situation. At least we have clarity now.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The absolute worst thing about all this is that we've done what we've done and STILL ended up with the squad we've ended up with

Exactly, look on the bright side, that's what I say.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I'm not sure Chansiri needs auditors. SWFC is not a plc. He's the only shareholder. He's the only major creditor. He's robbing himself largely. (Forgetting the over priced tickets us fans pay)

It is required under the law due to the size of the company

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Ok, far from ideal and extremely embarrassing, but...

We've not been relegated

12 points a worse case scenario (subject to appeal) and not insurmountable 

Likely the £38m ground sale profit now goes into 2018/19 accounts proving advantageous for future P&S 3 year cycle

We can now plan for next season

This season could easily have been a relegation season, take the positives and deal with the situation. At least we have clarity now.  

we don’t really have clarity though with Charlton appealing. Who knows what could happen with that. Also can you really see any half decent players signing for us now we are in this position? Loans for example, i can’t see Prem sides loaning us their talent knowing we will be fighting relegation 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

ffs.

I'd rather it was applied this season then at least we can start again next campaign.

This is almost a double whammy. 

What and certain relegation and loss of Championship payments? only 25% of gate reciepts? BEHAVE We can overcome 12 points.still go for a play off push..

• Haha 2

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

What are those ramifications ? 

Regulatory bodies taking an interest, for both the audit firm and the chap signing off the accounts

PI claim perhaps

Lots of hassle really 

1 minute ago, parajack said:

What and certain relegation and loss of Championship payments? only 25% of gate reciepts? BEHAVE We can overcome 12 points.still go for a play off push..

I'll take that bet with you now that we don't make the playoffs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Not that difficult really.

Like I say this panel has zero jurisdiction in the real world - club might say we disagree with their judgement and keep the accounts as they are

In which case I would presume for P&S purposes the EFL would just make an adjustment to the 2017/18 & 2018/19 accounts to reflect todays verdict.

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It is required under the law due to the size of the company

There is only one shareholder. Mr Chansiri. The only person he has defrauded is himself. ... and the EFL.

All these rules are setup to stop Directors robbing Shareholders, or Creditors. 

Chansiri is all three.

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Who's the audit for: The shareholders, of which Chansiri is the only one. 

Don't worry about it. 

Theoretically for the shareholders but as it exceeds all 3 relevant thresholds the Companies Act requires it

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But people are claiming that now we have been charged with a points deduction for it, the stadium sale can magically now be included in this years accounts instead of being backdated. Meaning we cant fall foul when this years accounts are presented.

How does that work?

image.gif.803ba1dfcb75b6a17815e0c9cfc8c2a2.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

we don’t really have clarity though with Charlton appealing. Who knows what could happen with that. Also can you really see any half decent players signing for us now we are in this position? Loans for example, i can’t see Prem sides loaning us their talent knowing we will be fighting relegation 

Charlton cannot appeal, only EFL and SWFC can and both could easily do so! (EFL could appeal punishment swfc could appeal verdict)