BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Another question that needs answering!

Has the sale of the stadium been wasted?

Was put in to the accounts in a year to avoid breaking FFP rules and we have been punished anyway.

I'm assuming the accounts can't be adjusted to the correct year!

Has just made the collapse in second half of the season even more disappointing. We must've been prepared for failing so minimum of 9/12pts. So whatever we do make sure we are that far clear, so it cant/doesn't rumble on with appeal and protest after protest. Just continues to be a cluster f***. Poor decision after poor decision. Much like our on field performances. Too much reacting and fire fighting rather than being proactive and having an awareness of the game, so you can apply and equip yourself better going forward.  We desperately need a siege mentality to get back past 0 points before it becomes a noose. 

Minus 12 who gives a fizz we're Sheffield Wednesday and we're staying up

Honestly chuffed with today's news, gives me a chance to earn some money off bookies and now we know where we stand. 

Any of you guys have any links with bookies? I am willing to put £200 on us staying up next season, if anyone can give me good odds.

All the best ladies and Gents, Stay safe have a lovely weekend

All best god bless

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Because your view on a 12 point deduction is a mark of personal bravery.

I like the ridiculous nature of your current incarnation. A parody Uberfan. It’s cool. 

No bravery at all it’s a disaster but 

with a defeatist attitude you get no where 

Imagine life in division 3 again ? 

not for me 

We are going to need some real quality players to get us out of this mess. I just can’t see any players of half decent quality wanting to sign for us in our position, they will just go to a rival that doesn’t look like they will be in a relegation fight all season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes - the current year figures will include it and the comparatives restated.

Irony is the 31st July 2019 figures might have been filed today - on the presumption of business as usual.

Might be interesting - will the Club ignore the Independent panel and say we still consider these are valid. They have no jurisdiction to say accounts are wrong outside this judgement call.

This is the point it's all messy.  The independent commission have in effect said that in their opinion the sale should not have been included and n the 2018 accounts, but that is not same as saying it wasn't a valid accounting judgement to include the sale. 

Can't see accounts being restated unless the auditors bare new evedence this was  not correct to include non 2018.

Then what do you do if we won an appeal?  

Un-restate (is that even a thing lol) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’m just glad we all bought our season tickets early so we can sign the cream of the crop. 

Takes me back to my mate buying £10k worth of Northern Rock shares weeks before the bread queues started. Personally I don’t think they’ll let us get back to ‘normal ‘ for some time yet.

Anyone has a rebate call?

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Another question that needs answering!

Has the sale of the stadium been wasted?

Was put in to the accounts in a year to avoid breaking FFP rules and we have been punished anyway.

I'm assuming the accounts can't be adjusted to the correct year!

Yes they can 

Got to remember the Independent panel have no jurisdiction in the real world when it comes to regulation.

We might not adjust the actual statutory  accounts 

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t appeal. 

Yes he will probably leave Monk in charge whilst wasting time appealing and then come October when the decision is upheld we will be miles adrift with a poor squad and a very bleak future.  Happy Friday everyone