BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

7 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Another question that needs answering!

Has the sale of the stadium been wasted?

Was put in to the accounts in a year to avoid breaking FFP rules and we have been punished anyway.

I'm assuming the accounts can't be adjusted to the correct year!

stadium-sale.jpg.38a23e432f93e3382313227f6a6347c6.jpg

• Haha 3

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

This is the point it's all messy.  The independent commission have in effect said that in their opinion the sale should not have been included and n the 2018 accounts, but that is not same as saying it wasn't a valid accounting judgement to include the sale. 

Can't see accounts being restated unless the auditors bare new evedence this was  not correct to include non 2018.

Then what do you do if we won an appeal?  

Un-restate (is that even a thing lol) 

The reasons will be intriguing on the date point. But yes it is their judgement - but that is all. They have no power to force the accounts to be re-stated officially

You can have arguments with HMRC where the tax figures are adjusted for an accounting matter but the accounts are not themselves adjusted.

41 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

I asked the same question somewhere in the 600 page megafred. MK said it’s not that unusual to re-state accounts

Another thought i've had, the original charges & todays verdict make no reference to the stadium valuation unlike the Derby case. Is it feasable that now the correct accounting period for the stadium sale has been determined the EFL may now question the valuation in the 2018/19 accounts that are now due.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

The reasons will be intriguing on the date point. But yes it is their judgement - but that is all. They have no power to force the accounts to be re-stated officially

You can have arguments with HMRC where the tax figures are adjusted for an accounting matter but the accounts are not themselves adjusted.

So our 2018/19 accounts that are due now will have to be redone? To include the stadium cash?

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I’m feeling angry and embarrassed about the club I love tonight. 

I’ve laughed at the shambles the likes of Hull and Charlton have spiralled into this season. 

Tonight we became one of those clubs. 

• Like 4

Just now, NeonLeon said:

I’ve laughed at the shambles the likes of Hull and Charlton have spiralled into this season. 

Tonight we became one of those clubs. 

It’s bad enough breaking the rules, but doing it and getting no benefit (promotion)

ffs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parrott71 said:

How many players will want to come to a club who are starting on -12 points?

All they can look forward to is a relegation battle.

I guess we will be in the same market albeit bigger payers than some of the other relegation faves

Just now, Essix Blue said:

It’s bad enough breaking the rules, but doing it and getting no benefit (promotion)

ffs

Or even a handful of saleable assets.

If the worst does come next season we’ve got nothing in the first team to fund a rebuild in League One. We’d just be back relying on DC to write cheques we can’t afford to cash.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

you could have a 100 separate commissions looking at same evedence and come up with different "opinions" on when risks and rewards transfer.

Which ever was initial decision went it was never going to be over at that, could be here in two years time with legal arguments going on around this.

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

So our 2018/19 accounts that are due now will have to be redone? To include the stadium cash?

Not that difficult really.

Like I say this panel has zero jurisdiction in the real world - club might say we disagree with their judgement and keep the accounts as they are

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

That’s doubtful seeing as I’ve already stumped up £555 for next season. How about you? 

Have you ?

Good lad we need the income 

Hope you enjoy yourself 

keep safe remember to do what Borris says 

• Like 1