Paul Cook

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Paul Cook appears to be available at Wigan having again done a good job.

Just compare the two:

Paul Cook as Manager

Chesterfield - promotion

Portsmouth - promotion

Wigan Athletic - promotion

Poached bu both Portsmouth and Wigan

Bullshitter Monk as Manager

No promotions

No play off appearances

Fired by Swansea, fired by Boro, fired by Brum

Million percent we should get him in!,plays some attractive football and I know for a fact, he does not take any shhhiyte!

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

When we went and got Big Jack (RIP) there were a host of clubs who would have liked him as Manager.

Bert McGee to his credit said right I am going to get him and her pulled it off.  The rest is history.

We now need DC to show that he too can go and bring a Manager in demand to Hillsborough.

You are right though that first Bullshitter Monk needs to be given his marching orders.

Bruce?

It is a yes from me. 

To give Monk free reign this summer on players, signing them on 2/3 year contracts is going to end in disaster. This is such an important summer for the club, the most important for years and I have zero confidence Monk will deliver. 

There is a bit inside of me which thinks, maybe he deserves a chance but i think we are way past the, "lets see what happens", i want a manager that i believe will get the players playing like a team. Not like a team of fannies who play until the 80th minute.

Edited by Brad_owl
  • Like 2

Cook is a very strong character and extremely ‘passionate’ on the touchline. None of this standing about, hands in pockets and shoe gazing like some 80’s acid head. Occasionally gets sent to the stands for clashing with opposition bench and/or officials. Would be loved by the Hillsborough crowd. Gets promoted pretty much everywhere he goes. 

48 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Paul Cook is probably the only manager most fans agree on ....My 1st choice ........but chansiri has to act and get rid of monk

I hope I'm wrong but don't see it happening any time soon.

We don't want to be in a situation where Monk starts to rebuild and is released just before start or early into season.

If it's going to happen, it needs to be now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Very impressed by the reaction he got out of the Wigan players after all their off-field troubles. Compare that with the reaction Monk got out of ours 

That was the point I made the other day.

Hugely disappointing knowing what could potentially have been at stake. 

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

But it’s whether someone like Paul Cook would even want to come. He will have a few after him 

Indeed. I'm not sure why so many of our fans think we're a hugely attractive prospect for an ambitious manager with a growing reputation. If anything, we're a career killer.

Is Cook actually available? AFAIK he's still employed at Wigan. If he walks, or is pushed, there'll be more attractive jobs than ours available to him.

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Indeed. I'm not sure why so many of our fans think we're a hugely attractive prospect for an ambitious manager with a growing reputation. If anything, we're a career killer.

Is Cook actually available? AFAIK he's still employed at Wigan. If he walks, or is pushed, there'll be more attractive jobs than ours available to him.

This............

53 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Paul Cook is probably the only manager most fans agree on ....My 1st choice ........but chansiri has to act and get rid of monk

I very much doubt that Chansiri has ever heard of him... this is one of our problems, Chansiri isn’t going to think to himself “ Ryan Lowe has done a cracking job at Argyle, I’ll check him out, and Paul Cook could be just the guy that we need, I’ll call him and have a chat”

He has not got the game within his DNA I’m afraid.

Mind you, I’d be cr•p at running a tuna fishing boat.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

If I was the new owner at Wigan, I think I’d be wanting him to stay - in the immediate short term at least.

2 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

I very much doubt that Chansiri has ever heard of him... this is one of our problems, Chansiri isn’t going to think to himself “ Ryan Lowe has done a cracking job at Argyle, I’ll check him out, and Paul Cook could be just the guy that we need, I’ll call him and have a chat”

He has not got the game within his DNA I’m afraid.

Mind you, I’d be cr•p at running a tuna fishing boat.

And that's where advisors such as Naill Quinn come in.

Just now, trev said:

Would like Cook here.

But let's be honest Monk is here until at least February. He will get sacked about 3 days after the transfer window closes with us bottom of the league.

That's my fear also and then someone else picking up someone else's problems.

5 minutes ago, trev said:

Would like Cook here.

But let's be honest Monk is here until at least February. He will get sacked about 3 days after the transfer window closes with us bottom of the league.

That’ll probably be when DC gets round to doing this season’s performance review with him

Earlsfield Owl suggests that Paul Cook does not have sufficient experience to be our Manager.

Well Cook has a career progression:

Southport

Sligo Rovers

Accrington Stanley

Chesterfield

Portsmouth

Wigan Athletic

He has managed in 5 different leagues and won 3 promotions.

I think he is ready.

• Like 2