Paul Cook

On 24/07/2020 at 09:49, Ian_D said:

Not wanting to argue and I may be wrong but I thought he took over at Swansea when they were struggling near the bottom of the league. They finished safe.  Next season part way through, new owners took over and wanted their own man in.  That what I remember of it but I'm old and memory is fairly sh*te on recent stuff.

But that doesn't fit the agenda. So please can you not stop talking facts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When it is too late.

Sadly I think the decision has been made..we are goin to plod on as we are..dc probly won’t bother leaving his bolt hole in Thailand..we drift along rudderless and try and avoid an icebergh

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Hughton - who seems to have snookered himself in getting another job

Thanks, Hughton obviously has promotion pedigree from this division but was backed to the hilt in that respect by Newcastle and Brighton, not sure it would automatically be the same for Bristol..  

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Bristol City fans really don’t want him

So you know all the Bristol city fans then?

Think Paul Cook is an excellent manager for Championship and below.

Done well at every club he has been out.

Slightly put off by his accent but you cant have everything.
Not 100% sure he would come but much more likely then Pearson or Houghton.

Edited by matthefish2002

Yes, I agree 100% with Mattthefish2002.

Paul Cook has a bit of the Warnock about him in that he may be better operating in the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2.

His record there is excellent.

Time to act, DC. Go and get him in.

• Like 1

Just heard that he's resigned to move to Bristol City leaving Wigan 5 weeks to find a manager. Is it just me who thinks it's similar to what Bruce did to us? That would make it a no from me.

3 minutes ago, darra said:

Just heard that he's resigned to move to Bristol City leaving Wigan 5 weeks to find a manager. Is it just me who thinks it's similar to what Bruce did to us? That would make it a no from me.

To be fair Darra, the fact he's managing Bristol City probably makes it tough for him to take over here

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, darra said:

No. 

Next.

23 minutes ago, darra said:

When should he have resigned?, during the end of season dog fight ?

• Like 4

Just now, darra said:

dont think its quite the same .....wigan are in administration and theres no guarantees that the new owners will want to keep him so cant blame him for looking out for himself .

• Like 3