Paul Cook

i would think any manager who's in demand as cook will be  wouldnt be coming here .........our options (imo) are keep monk.........get someone experienced  thats  fallen off the   merry go round whos desperate for a job .......some foreigner whos agent is pally with paxo .......

• Like 1

As I’ve said before, the Wigan fans hated Cook, wanted him out and had demonstrations organised just prior to lock down. Poor team selections, attritional football, bad subs and could never change the pattern of the game for the better. They obviously quietened down towards the middle and end of their good run, but they have never really taken to him.

• Like 1

It is looking like the dreadful news that Monk is definitely staying is imminent.

I find him totally uninspiring personally and all his managment jargon does not translate to results and performances on the pitch.

DC unfortunatley has not seen that Monk is the Emperor's Clothes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

It is looking like the dreadful news that Monk is definitely staying is imminent.

I find him totally uninspiring personally and all his managment jargon does not translate to results and performances on the pitch.

DC unfortunatley has not seen that Monk is the Emperor's Clothes.

More like the tramp's crusty old pants. 

13 hours ago, Pieman said:

As I’ve said before, the Wigan fans hated Cook, wanted him out and had demonstrations organised just prior to lock down. Poor team selections, attritional football, bad subs and could never change the pattern of the game for the better. They obviously quietened down towards the middle and end of their good run, but they have never really taken to him.

At least Wednesday fans aren't as fickle 

13 hours ago, Pieman said:

Actually this is true.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/sheff-wed-game-protest-or-boycott.101926/

So basically they were rubbish, couldn't buy a win, then Wednesday turned up and rolled over for them to end their bad run, and they turned their season around. It happens, we did the same for Stoke, Luton, Brentford... 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Actually this is true.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/sheff-wed-game-protest-or-boycott.101926/

So basically they were rubbish, couldn't buy a win, then Wednesday turned up and rolled over for them to end their bad run, and they turned their season around. It happens, we did the same for Stoke, Luton, Brentford... 

The key words being ‘Paul Cook is destroying this club’........Yet, from afar, he is the messiah 😀

Guest LondonOwl313
15 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Chansiri won’t have any idea who he is anyway......Paul Cook ...Captain Cook ....Ready Steady Cook ....All the same to chansiri 😩🥴

Tbf you'd think by this point he'd be living and breathing football. Guys blown at least a quarter, maybe more, of his net worth on this and is losing £20m a year because of it.

The idea that he isn't aware of anything or that he pays little attention to it can't be right.

Personally I think his main problem is he doesn't cut his losses quickly.. when he makes decisions that are a mistake he digs his heels in because he wants to be right. If anything he's too patient and loyal, doesn't make the hard decisions quickly enough like changing a manager when its not working or getting rid of players he's offered big contracts to.

Yes, I think there is a lot in what LodonOwl313 says.

For most Chairman in the PL & EFL Monk would have been fired before the lockdown.

But because of DC finds it hard to make a quick decision we find that Monk is still here even though results since the start up have again been relegation form.

Taken over a season SWFC start up form would garner you 40-41 points and certain relegation.

Yet amazingly Monk is still here.

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Cook set to quit as Wigan manager. 

Somebody drive him over here

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, SwellOwl said:

Linked to Bristol City...

When do we make decision on Monk? 

All the good managers will move on to pastures new..and we will be stuck with monk and bully..spoke to all my mates today and everybody’s angry and fed up

Just now, Therealrealist said:

All the good managers will move on to pastures new..and we will be stuck with monk and bully..spoke to all my mates today and everybody’s angry and fed up

Like I said previous, if Monk stays, let him bring staff he wants in and the guys left behind at the club.

On 24/07/2020 at 22:00, Pieman said:

And yet they outperformed our  team despite us having a far bigger budget and better players on paper. If you want to be critical of a manager for poor selections look no further than ours who admits as much himself when making more half-time substitutions than any Wednesday manager I can remember. As for attritional football, season ticket holders at Hillsborough were 'treated' to less home goals than fans of any other club in the division this season.

They should be careful what they wish for, Cook brought them instant success by getting them promoted instantly and keeping them up last season. He did the same results wise this season as well but the club have let him down.