Paul Cook

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

The owlstalk poll clearly states otherwise 

Best not to take those polls as gospel.

Much though I like Owlstalk, it doesn't represent the wider fan base exactly. Usually populated by the polar extremes of each argument (sparking lively debate and humour). 

• Like 2

Bladesdhater said that those wanting Monk out are not a majority.

Well the Poll on here was about 70% wanting to sack him.

Also the 30 % who backed Monk in that Poll no doubt includes a number of SUFC fans who are desperate for us to retain the cluelless Monk.

Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum.  Hopefully he will shortly be fired by us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, striker said:

Best not to take those polls as gospel.

Much though I like Owlstalk, it doesn't represent the wider fan base exactly. Usually populated by the polar extremes of each argument (sparking lively debate and humour). 

I don’t know any Wednesday fan who would back Monk. I know a few grunters that would though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

It is the best indicator we have. I believe it is the largest Owls fan forum with a cross reference of fans from all over the world. 

If you read opposing views on Owlstalk it is pilloried due to most of the people who post on here never attending a match and then passing judgement on the manager 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

If you read opposing views on Owlstalk it is pilloried due to most of the people who post on here never attending a match and then passing judgement on the manager 

Results would be a fine indicator without needing to attend matches. But again you’re making stuff up to suit your narrative.

• Haha 1

Perhaps bladeshater could give us one piece of evidence that suggests Monk can achieve something at SWFC.

I genuinely cannot think of one thing that would give me any confidence that Monk can improve of his dreadfful record here.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Results would be a fine indicator without needing to attend matches. But again you’re making stuff up to suit your narrative.

Making stuff up in that Owlstalk is not representative of the entire Owls fanbase ok.

I don't have a narrative and think that Monk could and should have done better. However he is working with both his arms tied behind his back and anyone coming in would have faced the same problems.

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I don’t know any Wednesday fan who would back Monk. I know a few grunters that would though.

While I think results dictate Monk should probably go, if as looks likely DC keeps him, I'll back him. 

Not because I'm a Monk fan, but because I'm a Wednesday fan and if Monk does well, we do well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Has it escaped your attention that Monk is rebuilding for next season?

A minor detail I know but....

Totally this ^^^ as has been said even if we had Pep and Klopp there is going to be a transition period, as we thin out the squad and bring replacements in. 

You can shout about the manager all you want but the blame for me lies mainly with the players not giving a frig and not putting a proper shift in since Christmas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I know a fair few who wouldn't go on this forum still back him remember posters on here do not even represent 1% of our fanbase

Well that’s that then. Surely what a few people you know think is a better indicator than what 1000s of fans on the biggest Wednesday forum think.😂

• Haha 1