Paul Cook

11 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Started well at Swansea inherting a strong side.

But after a season it all went south and he was fired.

Not wanting to argue and I may be wrong but I thought he took over at Swansea when they were struggling near the bottom of the league. They finished safe.  Next season part way through, new owners took over and wanted their own man in.  That what I remember of it but I'm old and memory is fairly sh*te on recent stuff.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Not wanting to argue and I may be wrong but I thought he took over at Swansea when they were struggling near the bottom of the league. They finished safe.  Next season part way through, new owners took over and wanted their own man in.  That what I remember of it but I'm old and memory is fairly sh*te on recent stuff.

I do want Monk to go though

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, deano said:

I like Cook, always have since heard him talk as Chesterfield manager. 

Suspect he will be a great motivator and his teams play on the front foot. 

Anyone who likes Cook after hearing him talk needs to go and see someone about their ears

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Think Paul Cook is a good manager and a good choice.

But suspect is he took over he is on a hiding to nothing unless they is some sort of forward planning off the pitch.

Gert feeling we are going to go through a period of chopping and changing managers every 6-12 months while results on the pitch will remain largely the same.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Was given the job at Swansea after Laudrup left, was a gesture by the club after playing for them in all 4 divisions, the season after they plummeted.

Monk has been a very lucky boy to be on the “merry go round”, he’s proving time and time again he is way out of his depth and quite frankly, he’s winging it!

Get rid.

Generally speaking you don’t make someone manager as a gesture.

But it’s whether someone like Paul Cook would even want to come. He will have a few after him 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Paul Cook is a good manager and a good choice.

But suspect is he took over he is on a hiding to nothing unless they is some sort of forward planning off the pitch.

Gert feeling we are going to go through a period of chopping and changing managers every 6-12 months while results on the pitch will remain largely the same.

Agree, and its indicative of the lack of structure behind the scenes. 

The club (DC) either needs to give the manager full control, as reported Bruce had, or put in place some executive oversight.

When we went and got Big Jack (RIP) there were a host of clubs who would have liked him as Manager.

Bert McGee to his credit said right I am going to get him and her pulled it off.  The rest is history.

We now need DC to show that he too can go and bring a Manager in demand to Hillsborough.

You are right though that first Bullshitter Monk needs to be given his marching orders.

• Like 1