Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough

It’s a shame that Atty won’t get the send off he deserves from the fans tonight. 

A big player, a big character with a big heart who was committed to the to the famous blue and white stripes right to the end. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It’s a shame that Atty won’t get the send off he deserves from the fans tonight. 

A big player, a big character with a big heart who was committed to the to the famous blue and white stripes right to the end. 

Agree completely but as an aside,

I do have to say that there is a noticeable absence of boooooing on the 'crowd effects' played over the tannoy....

Even the off 'fokking vvank Wednesday' at the half and full time whistles would give it much more credibility.

:ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I tried to summon it.

Threw the runes, did the dance. Asked for a cracking result.

Fear the God's may have misheard me though.

giphy.gif

Ah a misunderstanding.

I was talking about you stiffening the sinews and summoning up the blood Henry V style to do the OMDTs again next season.

Tried it for the mighty owls, non-starter with this lot.

Edited by Rev Owl

Such a shame we can't have a crowd there tonight. Potentially a huge game and loyal servant signing off, would have been perfect to get a big atmosphere going. I hope he comes back to do a half time draw or summert when we're back in so we can show him some appreciation. Good luck Atty and fight for the Wednesday tonight.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Bravo, My Lord. Magnificent piece. Made the eyes prickle a wee bit. 

My favourite Nuhiu moment perhaps the penalty against Boro in March 2014 it must have been. By and large the big man had looked out of his depth that first season, as we had all no doubt expected when he first signed. But there were flashes of promise and something too about the attitude of this man from a strange benighted corner of Europe. 

And then 0-0 right at the end of a dire game with relegation still on the cards we get a penalty. Nuhui steps up. 40,000 hands cover 20,000 pairs of eyes. You really feel if he doesn't score there will be no coming back.... 

Gosh, six years. All so long ago. My son hadn't taken his GCSEs. Now he's graduated. My daughter would have been 12. Now she's waiting on A-level results and driving a car and working in a cafe and running rings round her boyfriend. 

We can still talk about moments like that. 

I remember saying 'He's gonna get destroyed if he misses that'....and he stands up not giving a flying rats ass asI had EVERYTHING imaginable crossed.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

What a sodding way to go into a game....

First off..You can't actually go to it....

Secondly....It could be a game that keeps us up

Thirdly it could be a game that sends us down

and f.ookin' fourthly...it could be a game that doesn't matter!!!

Thats the EFL for you...last game of the season...and thousands of football fans don't know whats happening...absolutely shambolic.

Talk about fans jumping through a hoop, what a disservice, what a disgrace , what a shambles of an organisation.

and the club?

If it turns out Chansiri knew about this, a while before the supporters did , so much for "The Wednesday family"

and..us

Loads have bought tickets for a coming season,

They don't know if they can actually attend yet....

They don't know which division they are starting in....

Blind mans bluff....well worth the money....

a total Circus

• Like 4