Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough

I wasn't his biggest fan at all however I don't think anyone could deny the big man's attitude towards the club. The fact every manager since Dave Jones signed him, has always had him around the team says to me they think a lot of him.

Best memory for me was the 4-1 win against Preston, it was my little girls first ever game and I was so excited taking her, chuffed she finally wanted to come and watch Wednesday with me, anyway as the teams came out I was talking to her about the players, and admittedly I didn't speak very highly of Nuhiu, well what a way of proving me wrong!!! That 2nd goal of his, on his weaker foot, absolutely fantastic finish.

Another performance I remember was the 3-0 win against Charlton in Carlos' first season. 0-0 at half time and we just couldn't seem to break them down, on came Nuhiu, and although he didn't score, he hassled their back 4 and contributed to the goals. Thats the Atdhe I want to remember.

Hope he gets his final chance tonight and buries the winner infront of crow nose pig.

• Like 2

Brilliant Snoots .You've got the elation and frustration of supporting Wednesday down to a tee , and yes Big Dave is a true representation of how those emotions can change from one minute to the next . I do think we will miss him .

Also thanks Snoots for all your OMDTs throughout the season , thoroughly enjoy them . Regards to Stubbs as well and have a good summer .

• Like 4

Magnificent summing up of Atdhe's time here with us. If every player had his attitude we'd be in a healthier position today. He isn't the worst player we've ever had, not even close. Neither is he the best. But it feels like he's one of us. I remember early doors, probably the first season, we got a late winner at Hillsborough and he wasn't on the pitch. Ran full length to the kop and joined the team in celebrating. That's when we first saw what this team and his job meant to him. I'll miss him. 

• Like 7

Lovely piece Snoots.
Sums up so much of what a lot of us long standing fans feel about the club and the man himself. It’s rare now to get a player who is happy with his lot whether he is in the starting eleven, on the bench or just a non-playing squad member on match day. 
For all his limitations, I don’t think he can easily be replaced. His value is not just as an impact sub.
Listen to young Liam Shaw about Atty helping him through his debut.

Listen to a seasoned pro like Bannnan about having found a friend for life.

He will be missed. Thanks and best wishes for the future big man.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Well written Milord and a perfect summary of Nuhiu and our club as a whole. 

I feel sad that this is another season I can’t wait to see the back of, but of course tonight’s game won’t be the end of it. Football is such a simple concept and it’s such a shame there are so many people who are steadily ripping every ounce of fun and, dare I use the word, passion out of the game I used to enjoy following.

Onwards and upwards then hopefully, and there’s always next season...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Fantastic OMDT Mi'Lord. Thanks for all your hard work over the season. Your matchday threads are far more entertaining than the actual games. Now get thi sen in the Nuns Chuff and enjoy a well earned slurp over the close season. 

• Like 5

Cheers Snoots old thing, ta for the season’s mirth...at times the only bright spot in a sea of gloom! A very fair assessment/epitaph for the big fella...he will always be someone you “wouldn’t want to play against”, awkward, difficult to dislodge...a bit like piles really! But, as you say so eloquently, capable of the occasional flash of inspiration and brilliance...I don’t think any of us will forget the goal which began by the corner flag...he’ll not score another like that (maybe in his dreams). Good luck ‘Atty’ you will be missed for your spirit and influence in the dressing room of doom.

Hope we can win toneet but the foul spectre that is Warnock could quite easily kibosh that...ho hum.

• Like 3

Oops, forgot to thank The Lord for his contributions over the season. No small amount of time and effort goes into these things and it's appreciated by many in here. I hope you enjoy doing them as much as we enjoy reading them. Many posters have their own routine when it comes to these threads, post the same comments in it week in week out and I assume that's for luck. To those posters I say please post summat different next season, it's not working. 😂 😂 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Oops, forgot to thank The Lord for his contributions over the season. No small amount of time and effort goes into these things and it's appreciated by many in here. I hope you enjoy doing them as much as we enjoy reading them. Many posters have their own routine when it comes to these threads, post the same comments in it week in week out and I assume that's for luck. To those posters I say please post summat different next season, it's not working. 😂 😂 

Agreed

• Like 1