Wednesday -V- Middlesbrough

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Out of sheer curiousity, I am now going to investigate whether this domain is registered or indeed even an actual website. It's the sort of thing I do in the name of science.

Will be back in several hours to report on my findings.

You are a trooper, thank you for your sacrifice!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great work Snoots and a lovely tribute to the Big Man (still hoping we can persuade him to stay a little longer).

Let's hope the lads give it all they've got and sign off on a high note. Nuhiu hat-trick anyone?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yes, a great summary of a man that we love to love and love to knock in almost equal measure. 
We all have friends who support rival clubs saying “ who is that big raffle ticket winner you’ve got up front “ whilst very respected opposing managers will bemoan after being beaten by Wednesday “ we just couldn’t handle the big guy up top”

I’m not sure whether or not  I’ll miss him as a footballer but it’s clear that as a human being he’s going to leave a gaping void within the changing room and around the club.

Atty, please don’t sign for Barnsley and score a hatrick against us... I want to love you forever.

• Like 5

Bravo, My Lord. Magnificent piece. Made the eyes prickle a wee bit. 

My favourite Nuhiu moment perhaps the penalty against Boro in March 2014 it must have been. By and large the big man had looked out of his depth that first season, as we had all no doubt expected when he first signed. But there were flashes of promise and something too about the attitude of this man from a strange benighted corner of Europe. 

And then 0-0 right at the end of a dire game with relegation still on the cards we get a penalty. Nuhui steps up. 40,000 hands cover 20,000 pairs of eyes. You really feel if he doesn't score there will be no coming back.... 

Gosh, six years. All so long ago. My son hadn't taken his GCSEs. Now he's graduated. My daughter would have been 12. Now she's waiting on A-level results and driving a car and working in a cafe and running rings round her boyfriend. 

We can still talk about moments like that. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Excellent piece, almost brought a tear to my eye, thank you m'lord.

two memories of Atty

few seasons back Reading away (I think we won 2-0) and Atty flicking the ball up and over, and jinking along the line, terrific skill midway between the corner flag and the box,  wish i could find a clip of it

Huddersfield away, I have a mate who is a udders fan, and after the match we ended up in the bar in the main stand, in walks Andy Booth who does hospitality work for them, he was talking to my mate and thought i was another udders fan, Atty had come on as a sub, and Boothy had just come out of the dressing room and all could do was laud and complement Atty, reckons the Udders defenders were panicking like mad because of him

heart says win, head says win lets batter the smogies

• Like 4

Quality post Snooty.

Thanks also for stepping up with OMDT game after game.

i always laugh if you’ve been late with OMDT post...we narrowly avoid saying “get out of bed and do the effin OMDT you lazy scroat”....you narrowly avoid saying “ffs...you useless tos*sers, you COULD DO IT YOURSELVES you know”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobness said:

Out of sheer curiousity, I am now going to investigate whether this domain is registered or indeed even an actual website. It's the sort of thing I do in the name of science.

Will be back in several hours to report on my findings.

Several hours??

teach melol

• Haha 3