Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Giant man with a giant heart. Better player than many gave him credit for.

Saddest part is that there'll be no fans tomorrow to give him a proper send off.

When timetables allow he should come on the pitch at an attended game, to give the crowd chance to show our appreciation.

Same for any long term leavers, that left on good terms

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’ll enjoy the lower league standard players we bring in to replace them all with then. I’m sure them being paid 5k a week will bring you some comfort.

I guess it’s a silver lining that Westwood is still here as the new manager has a ready made championship keeper to replace the rubbish options we currently use

I doubt it will bring me comfort however I’m pretty sure we will have a better chance of success without being repeatedly put in transfer embargo’s and having potential points deductions hanging over us for months at a time.

You are right about one thing though Westwood is a championship keeper. Unfortunately now he’s just not a very good one anymore.

Edited by 83owl

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’ll enjoy the lower league standard players we bring in to replace them all with then. I’m sure them being paid 5k a week will bring you some comfort.

I guess it’s a silver lining that Westwood is still here as the new manager has a ready made championship keeper to replace the rubbish options we currently use

I most probably will given the "say" I have in Wednesday buying and selling......Ive been there before...and its a choice I take...You off to the Etihad then?

1 minute ago, SettleForADraw said:

Struggle to see how people have managed to slag the bloke off. Read the last however many pages as plenty have said why he’s been a club legend off to a tee. 

He might be a nice bloke and make some funny videos on social media but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to see footballers perform on the pitch. Legend is word used far too loosely these days. Is he up there with the likes of Springett, Dooley, Megson, Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer, Nilsson, Sterland etc now?

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'm glad he's going. Clearly a decent human being and I wish him all the best.

I hope we bring in different strikers so we can move away from the long ball football we've been playing with Fletcher and Nuhiu for some time. We need to move on with a different system.

He was always better with the ball to his feet yet we always launched to his head. He wasn’t actually that good for his size at winning flick ons etc yet we never seemed to learn.

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You never know our scouts and contacts might actually find some strikers that are better than Nuhiu. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah,should be able to pick Aguero, Son,Vardy up no problem 🙄

Just now, 83owl said:

He was always better with the ball to his feet yet we always launched to his head. He wasn’t actually that good for his size at winning flick ons etc yet we never seemed to learn.

Indeed - very good close control and drew a lot of fouls - gave away a few mind. Unfortunately he had no pace so he was limited in the 'keep it on the floor' style.

I also think he, like our other main strikers, have suffered from us have no midfield over the years, relying on BB's 50yrd wonder passes.

We also needed better wingers/wide men over this time who could cross a ball. The Murphy cross at the weekend are all too rare, but Nuhiu would have prospered more with this kind of quality. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He might be a nice bloke and make some funny videos on social media but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to see footballers perform on the pitch. Legend is word used far too loosely these days. Is he up there with the likes of Springett, Dooley, Megson, Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer, Nilsson, Sterland etc now?

No..Thats where you expect it to be....Some are more realistic given current circumstances....Mind you ..I would love to sit next to you Ronnie and you stand aghast when you realise Joey isn't Sheridan..be a reight eye opener lol

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Not being funny mate, but you don't seem to appreciate what 'squad' means and how this dynamic works as against the old days where it was 'team'.

Certain players fit the 'first on the team sheet' criteria, whilst others who may be less gifted make up the numbers, are maybe on lower wages and willing to fulfil the 'also rans' criteria. 

These players are vital to the overall balance of the squad.

Get this balance wrong and it is a recipe for disaster, where you then have discontent because you can't accommodate 22 players into an 11 man team.

Players like Atdhe, Pelupessy & the like (Palmer at one time) are worth their weight in Gold even though they don't get Gold in the wages stakes, they are usually happy with Bronze.

Why people on here are incapable of understanding these basic facts & refer back to the days when the same 11 players played from start to finish of seasons is beyond me.

• Like 4

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Not being funny mate, but you don't seem to appreciate what 'squad' means and how this dynamic works as against the old days where it was 'team'.

Certain players fit the 'first on the team sheet' criteria, whilst others who may be less gifted make up the numbers, are maybe on lower wages and willing to fulfil the 'also rans' criteria. 

These players are vital to the overall balance of the squad.

Get this balance wrong and it is a recipe for disaster, where you then have discontent because you can't accommodate 22 players into an 11 man team.

Players like Atdhe, Pelupessy & the like (Palmer at one time) are worth their weight in Gold even though they don't get Gold in the wages stakes, they are usually happy with Bronze.

Why people on here are incapable of understanding these basic facts & refer back to the days when the same 11 players played from start to finish of seasons is beyond me.

It's not 'people on here'

It's 'people'

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Maxine
2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Not your finest post IMO.

Why, I wanted rid last season so it's good news for me.