Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

7 minutes ago, Django said:

Thanks for the memories Atdhe 

Its a proper clearing of the desks this summer isn’t it. Wouldn’t surprise me if a couple under contract are moved on also 

Absolutely...and our recent recruitment policy has me really excited....(same as frightened to death)....... isn't it?

Edited by asteener1867

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He might be a nice bloke and make some funny videos on social media but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to see footballers perform on the pitch. Legend is word used far too loosely these days. Is he up there with the likes of Springett, Dooley, Megson, Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer, Nilsson, Sterland etc now?

The shortsightedness is unbelievable. Pointless even trying to point out to you his importance and the commitment he has show for the last 7 years. It’s all gravy though, we’ll stick to sucking the ever present Forestieri off who wouldn’t ever dream of holding the club to ransom, cause he does pretty stepovers n that. Or Fletcher, who lasted a whole 5 minutes before feigning yet another injury. Are you one of the guys wishing we were like United, a team full of players who aren’t all that talented but give their all? Taking everything into account and the mess we’re in (and have been in) I’ll stick to thinking he’s a club legend and one of the only legends from the depressing past 20 years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not being funny mate, but you don't seem to appreciate what 'squad' means and how this dynamic works as against the old days where it was 'team'.

Certain players fit the 'first on the team sheet' criteria, whilst others who may be less gifted make up the numbers, are maybe on lower wages and willing to fulfil the 'also rans' criteria. 

These players are vital to the overall balance of the squad.

Get this balance wrong and it is a recipe for disaster, where you then have discontent because you can't accommodate 22 players into an 11 man team.

Players like Atdhe, Pelupessy & the like (Palmer at one time) are worth their weight in Gold even though they don't get Gold in the wages stakes, they are usually happy with Bronze.

Why people on here are incapable of understanding these basic facts & refer back to the days when the same 11 players played from start to finish of seasons is beyond me.

A squad used to be a group of players pushing each other for starting places not who can make silly videos. It's well documented that our dressing room hasn't been a happy one.

Guest Maxine
2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Terrific attitude, team player. Stays on to help the team and club for the last few games even though he himself had decided to move on. Terrific performance on Saturday. 

Could it have waited?

Nice bloke yes but doesn't score enough goals. 

8 minutes ago, Django said:

Thanks for the memories Atdhe 

Its a proper clearing of the desks this summer isn’t it. Wouldn’t surprise me if a couple under contract are moved on also 

The club would obviously want to move on Westwood and the hapless Rhodes but I do think Adam Reach is definitely not part of Monk’s plans.

Its just finding suitors which will be extremely difficult. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SettleForADraw said:

The shortsightedness is unbelievable. Pointless even trying to point out to you his importance and the commitment he has show for the last 7 years. It’s all gravy though, we’ll stick to sucking the ever present Forestieri off who wouldn’t ever dream of holding the club to ransom, cause he does pretty stepovers n that. Or Fletcher, who lasted a whole 5 minutes before feigning yet another injury. Are you one of the guys wishing we were like United, a team full of players who aren’t all that talented but give their all? Taking everything into account and the mess we’re in (and have been in) I’ll stick to thinking he’s a club legend and one of the only legends from the depressing past 20 years. 

I wish we had a team ethic like United. Hard working, successful and wanting to improve. No room for sentiment there.

Just now, Rodger Wylde said:

I suppose it's one less thing for opposing fans to take the p!ss out of the club for.

Much work still to do though.

There's 3 opposing fans taking the mick out of Nuhiu

There's 32135260000 WEDNESDAY fans taking the mick out of Nuhiu

Owlstalk Shop

Just looking at the players we have left, it’s going to be a massive rebuilding job in the summer. 1 striker! Quite exciting in a way to think come the start of next season what our strike force might look like. I just hope Da Cruz isn’t one of them. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A squad used to be a group of players pushing each other for starting places not who can make silly videos. It's well documented that our dressing room hasn't been a happy one.

Whats that actually got to do with owt?

The players are all well below what Wednesday need..we ALL know that...Its hardly their fault is it......

I'm taking this on value within a contemporary situation.

Theres bugger all we can do about the rest..or history...or the vague wishes of an Owls fan who has seen better..

We all know w need better players than Adthe nuiu...no-ones arguing that point....but in the context of what we are....he's been better than a hell of a lot of them...Not our fault..certainly not his fault....

Its like shoutin' at yer bloody mini metro hoping it will turn into a Bentley

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I wish we had a team ethic like United. Hard working, successful and wanting to improve. No room for sentiment there.

I wish....

Thats the main fulcrum of yer argument mate..........that and nostalgia...try making a current 11 outta that

Unicorn

Waddle

Maradonna

Chimera

Hirst

Ironman

Batman

Bright

Megson

Thor

The silver surfer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I wish....

Thats the main fulcrum of yer argument mate..........that and nostalgia...try making a current 11 outta that

Unicorn

Waddle

Maradonna

Chimera

Hirst

Ironman

Batman

Bright

Megson

Thor

The silver surfer

I'm not having Thor in a Wednesday shirt, it'd mess up calendars no end.