Adthe Nuhiu - definitely leaving SWFC

Guest hirstysfags

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

Well he has been here 7 years mate. There does come a time when players have to move on. Yes he's given 100% but that is the least i'd expect from a pro

But its what we haven't had from a fair few "pros"...I'm simply wishing him well in the future because he did give 100%

Just now, asteener1867 said:

But its what we haven't had from a fair few "pros"...I'm simply wishing him well in the future because he did give 100%

I agree but the squad needs an overhaul. I hope a few more are on their way too

Atty has given the fans some great moments and I thank him for them.

Even this season the injury time equaliser at home to a cheating , time wasting  Fulham was enjoyable.

Then gleefully smashing in the second at Elland Rd which us travelling fans celebrated like we had won the cup.

Some of the posts on here show that even after 7 years some of our fans don’t understand what he brought to the squad.

It’s not his fault we paid megabucks for supposedly superior strikers to sit in the treatment room or stroll round the golf course. In fact he did more for the club than most of them.

Obviously a massive influence in the squad and deserves to come back sometime so fans can give him some proper recognition 

Edited by oldishowl
  • Like 2

I wish Atdhe all the best. The time is right I think. To score 50 for us is no mean feat. He’s always given his best as far as I can tell, has been committed and scored some important goals. If we are to refresh the squad then moves like this need to happen. His goal against Preston at home will always be special, it was my son’s first game and we

were sat right behind where he struck it. Peach!

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely think that you are the kind of Sheffield Wednesday fan that's going to be the angriest and going to be the most constantly upset.

Because you just don't seem to grasp the situation that we're in.

What makes you think that? To be quite honest I'm not that bothered these days and expect always the worst because that's we are used to with Wednesday. I don't get this "hero worship" status of a player that at best was average. I don't know what situation we are in and with the greatest respect neither do you unless you are privy to Chansiri, the EFL and the tribunal which you aren't.

Fletcher, FF, Rhodes and Winnall probably over £100K a week. All less involved in goals scored per minute  for us in the last 4 years.

Over £20 million spent. Ok not all of it by us, as two were farmed out for a year, but still.

£20 million pound in wages not one was involved in the process of scoring goals for us.

Throw the other fees involved in football contracts and transfers we could easily be looking at North of £30 million

47 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I think Bannan summed it up perfectly.

Incidentally, and I'm not saying you are/were a fan, but have you seen his figures versus FF's who cost us twice as much to employ?

50 goals is not good enough in 7 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

50 goals is not good enough in 7 seasons. 

Well it’s time that he moved on for the club and his own sake. He’s better than what you and most give him credit for. His main downfall was that I always saw him as an impact player and not to start games. Although, I’d rather we had him in the squad then the likes of Rhodes and winnall.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What makes you think that? To be quite honest I'm not that bothered these days and expect always the worst because that's we are used to with Wednesday. I don't get this "hero worship" status of a player that at best was average. I don't know what situation we are in and with the greatest respect neither do you unless you are privy to Chansiri, the EFL and the tribunal which you aren't.

1) I've not seen ANY hero worship of Adthe Nuhiu. Not once. Not ever.

2) You DO know what situation we are in. We're in an EFL hearing, you know the league position we are in, the squad we have, the coaching team we have (or don't have), the numerous transfer embargoes we've had, the lack of communication from the chairman we've had, the constant begging for Club1867 and advanced season tickets, and all the many many many other aspects of this club. So yes. Yes you DO know the situation we are in.

As for you saying you're 'not that bothered these days' well that's not the perception one gets from reading your posts (to say the least)

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If one of our fans was to say 'Nuhiu's not really my cup of tea, he's not really done well enough in my eyes but I wish him well' I'd understand and respect that

But to constantly visit, revisit and post in a thread about how much you hate Nuhiu, dislike him, are glad he's gone, good riddance etc.... Well that's a whole other level of horrible

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

Did you want him for another season?

I'd keep him as a squad player because his wages are probably reletively low and he offers an option that is going to be hard to replace i.e. height and physicality. He's not a wonderfully adept footballer, I accept that but he's not as bad as some make out either.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If one of our fans was to say 'Nuhiu's not really my cup of tea, he's not really done well enough in my eyes but I wish him well' I'd understand and respect that

But to constantly visit, revisit and post in a thread about how much you hate Nuhiu, dislike him, are glad he's gone, good riddance etc.... Well that's a whole other level of horrible

I wish him well but I'm  glad he's off. 

• Haha 1