1 minute ago, SwintonLad99 said:

So negative you, not even wasting my time with you

I am being neither positive nor negative, I'm simply giving you the (correct) stats. If you decide to perceive them as negative, well that speaks volumes doesn't it?

• Like 1

I don’t know whether you’re asking for kindness or patience... a little of both I suspect.

Actually , I’m quite a kind bloke in general, I fall down a little with the patience side of things but that’s coz I’m 64 and a little grumpy.

We could have shown more patience with Jos, Irvine, Yorath and Turner but we got rid because they were hopeless.... no good flogging a dead horse.

• Like 1

I grew up with a season ticket in league one, and have distant memories of watching us play Wimbledon in the prem, I think we went to the odd prem game but can't remember watching too much of the game, probably too young and more interested in advertisement hoardings and singing chants at inappropriate times. 

On the one hand I look forward to being in the top flight and on the other hand I just enjoy watching Wednesday and I'm kind of used to it - people talk about the 70s being bad but we've been 20 years outside of the top flight, that's a long time.

It's a big club and via memories from my uncle etc. I realise that, but it's still hard to imagine us being right at the top of it. I wonder how it would feel expecting that and being used to that. Maybe it's harder for people more used to us being in the top division. It would be nice to see us up there. I still enjoy watching Wednesday choose what, and it's definitely err... entertaining!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minton said:

I am being neither positive nor negative, I'm simply giving you the (correct) stats. If you decide to perceive them as negative, well that speaks volumes doesn't it?

You are negative, one of those people i guess probably years of watching wednesday. LOL. No offence Minton, I have given you a positive (Us being leading scorers away from home, and you turned it into a negative stat. 

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Agree mate.

I see this as the final end of the Carlos era. 
Yeah we’ve had other managers since, but his was the dominant reign & what everything since is judged against.

Get the EFL thing out of the way ( for good or bad) & go again with a clean slate.

I also think the real militant anti DC mob, need to put their vitriol to one side for a while at least, for the club’s sake & see where it takes us. 

Recruitment is the main issue, if we spent the money more wisley then we could challenge on a more consistent basis or sell players on for profit.

That would solve 99% of DC's problems!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SwintonLad99 said:

You are negative, one of those people i guess probably years of watching wednesday. LOL. No offence Minton, I have given you a positive (Us being leading scorers away from home, and you turned it into a negative stat. 

No, you gave a leading statistic whilst ignoring the other side of it. I just gave the missing stat of goals conceded and the position that is in the table. 

49 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

And in no way am I going to say Monk or Chansiri are the men to take us forward, but..We need to be patient.  We can be frustrated with how far we have declined, however sacking managers every year isn't the way forward. Look at the sort of teams who have been promoted from championship to premier league recently, Wilder has been at united 4 years, wasn't all easy in his first season had to build his foundation and his team. Bielsa, 2 years at Leeds, built his team quickly and made them play his way. It took Eddie Howe 3 years to get Bournemouth to the premier league playing his way. The teams who have gone up with a manager in his first year, have normally struggled in prem and come straight back down. Fulham Villa Cardiff etc. 

I would rather wait 3-5 years to get in the prem with solid foundations for the future of our club, and be successful in the big league, than get promoted and get relegated season after.  

As Asteener would say, patience is waiting 10 mins for a f.ookin bus 

25 years of f.ookin losing every week is taking the pith out of our patience!

You are not saying Monk is the man to take us forward but you say sacking managers doesn't work ??

60 now and you say I've got to wait another 5 years !!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I’m sympathetic to your instinct but the problem is neither DC nor Monk seem to have been capable of making the kind of decisions that would arrest an alarming decline since Christmas. If that form continues with the added burden of a points deduction I can’t see crowds flocking back to pay £42 pound to watch us not score next year as we hurtle towards League 1 

I've tried to be patient and give Dc and monk time. 

The problem is Dc learns, when he does learn way too long from his mistakes. 

Monk just dosent seem to be able to insill/create consistancy in a side, Swansea, Birmingham and Leeds where all up and down in form couple of good results, few bad ones etc. 

Id have give Bruce 3 to 4 years,because you saw the change straight away in what he was trying to achive...

We gave Carlos 3 years and came close,twice....He was backed and built a quick hit or bust squad.....Which was hell of a ride and i enjoyed......

We give the next manager 3 to 4 years then ok,but with a plan....

In Monk i do not see any thing to inspire me he should get 3-4 years.....

I think DC will change if still in Champ,or why wouldnt he have let him not have his own people around him.....Always a 1 year deal....

If we go down i think he'll stick with Monk for them 3-4 years and back him too....

Please EFL dont deduct us too much,religation and Monk i could not take....

UTO.....

4 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Id have give Bruce 3 to 4 years,because you saw the change straight away in what he was trying to achive...

We gave Carlos 3 years and came close,twice....He was backed and built a quick hit or bust squad.....Which was hell of a ride and i enjoyed......

We give the next manager 3 to 4 years then ok,but with a plan....

In Monk i do not see any thing to inspire me he should get 3-4 years.....

I think DC will change if still in Champ,or why wouldnt he have let him not have his own people around him.....Always a 1 year deal....

If we go down i think he'll stick with Monk for them 3-4 years and back him too....

Please EFL dont deduct us too much,religation and Monk i could not take....

UTO.....

I've read the points are taking off next season was released yesterday 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

You are suggesting that if we are patient and wait for 3-5 years we will have a successful side in the Premiership.

Please explain why our patience over the last twenty years has not been successful.

I'd say financial clout. We never had anyone willing to pump loads into the playing side, until Chansiri came along. Only problem is we have the money, but no one who knows how to use it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Recruitment is the main issue, if we spent the money more wisley then we could challenge on a more consistent basis or sell players on for profit.

That would solve 99% of DC's problems!

I agree mate.

I would imagine DC does as well. How could he not.

I just hope he has seen in hindsight how his money was spent (assume it wasn’t him who sourced & signed players) & still has the appetite to go again albeit in a more focused way & yes, with someone who has an eye for these things.

I jokingly derided Brentford last night because I got sick of them being touted as THE Model to follow, but if we could combine their scouting & our potential plus DCs investment (wise investment this time), I still think we could achieve something good.

I honestly think we would have done it under Bruce. It was a crying shame for both us & DC what happened.

• Like 1