Guest The Horse

Been well over 20 years since we were anythling like proper decent.
I've gone so far past patience, my Wednesday brain is permanently and lazily swinging in a hammock on a beautful tropical beach, shaking my empty Mojito glass at the bar staff whenever the latest defeat or piece of bad news comes our way.

But you have to have a manager who has ability. 

Ours hasn't lol 

And no...im not negative.    Just a realist.

He's crap with no proven success....... anywhere. Id love to be wrong... but been saying that now since he got here    even when  we were third.

We need a manager thats able to be more than one dimensional and is able to change a side in the game to meet that particular games needs.

Monk...cannot do that. His substitutions have on the whole, been quite disastrous. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Patience and modern football dont really go together.
We could appoint Pearson this afternoon and get a good result tomorrow against Middlesborough and some people would be questioning his substitutions. 

I remember listening to 6-0-6 whilst Liverpool were playing away at Watford a few weeks ago and therefore at that point still had not lost a league game all season, were about 20 points clear at the top of the Premier League and were still in the Champions League. One caller was moaning about how they weren't good enough and needed a big effort to improve ! Some fans will never be satisfied, no matter what is happening. 

This is not any kind of defence of Monk by the way. It's not even solely restricted to football fans. Just a wider observation about people generally these days. Give me what I want, right now, and even if you do I'll still want more anyway.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I remember listening to 6-0-6 whilst Liverpool were playing away at Watford a few weeks ago and therefore at that point still had not lost a league game all season, were about 20 points clear at the top of the Premier League and were still in the Champions League. One caller was moaning about how they weren't good enough and needed a big effort to improve ! Some fans will never be satisfied, no matter what is happening. 

This is not any kind of defence of Monk by the way. It's not even solely restricted to football fans. Just a wider observation about people generally these days. Give me what I want, right now, and even if you do I'll still want more anyway.

I remember listening to that very game whilst coming back from London, also makes the sacking of NP more ludicrous but talking about 606...I remember a few years back when WBA had a poor run in the PL and their fans were moaning about their ST costing £150 quid.

Radio phone ins should come with a warning to anyone that's unlucky enough to accidentally be listening!

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

There would be patience if we had an owner with an ounce of intelligence. We are only going one way . We would be patient if it didn’t cost 40 quid plus to watch the team , 60 quid for a shirt . 
we would be patient if millions hadn’t been wasted on rubbish 

You never seemed to get pulled up for the constant digs at the Chairman but I’m always pulled up for so called anti-Monk posts? What’s all that about?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Total speculation , and thats not how I read the official efl press release yesterday 

But its anybodys guess at the mo I suppose 

IF we have a large point deduction next season then it makes us desperate for a manager who can galvanise the team with a us v them mentality in order to get out of it. I just don't see Monk as the manager to do that sadly.

• Like 2