And in no way am I going to say Monk or Chansiri are the men to take us forward, but..We need to be patient.  We can be frustrated with how far we have declined, however sacking managers every year isn't the way forward. Look at the sort of teams who have been promoted from championship to premier league recently, Wilder has been at united 4 years, wasn't all easy in his first season had to build his foundation and his team. Bielsa, 2 years at Leeds, built his team quickly and made them play his way. It took Eddie Howe 3 years to get Bournemouth to the premier league playing his way. The teams who have gone up with a manager in his first year, have normally struggled in prem and come straight back down. Fulham Villa Cardiff etc. 

I would rather wait 3-5 years to get in the prem with solid foundations for the future of our club, and be successful in the big league, than get promoted and get relegated season after.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SwintonLad99 said:

And in no way am I going to say Monk or Chansiri are the men to take us forward, but..We need to be patient.  We can be frustrated with how far we have declined, however sacking managers every year isn't the way forward. Look at the sort of teams who have been promoted from championship to premier league recently, Wilder has been at united 4 years, wasn't all easy in his first season had to build his foundation and his team. Bielsa, 2 years at Leeds, built his team quickly and made them play his way. It took Eddie Howe 3 years to get Bournemouth to the premier league playing his way. The teams who have gone up with a manager in his first year, have normally struggled in prem and come straight back down. Fulham Villa Cardiff etc. 

I would rather wait 3-5 years to get in the prem with solid foundations for the future of our club, and be successful in the big league, than get promoted and get relegated season after.  

That sounds great but... We need DC to say here's the plan, these are the steps we are looking at to get the plan to work...and we are going to give the manager whoever it is time to implement the plan. Regardless of who the manager is WE need to give it time as well. Bruce said it would take three transfer periods to get the squad that would be needed. Do people think he was wrong ? 

• Like 7

I’m sympathetic to your instinct but the problem is neither DC nor Monk seem to have been capable of making the kind of decisions that would arrest an alarming decline since Christmas. If that form continues with the added burden of a points deduction I can’t see crowds flocking back to pay £42 pound to watch us not score next year as we hurtle towards League 1 

• Like 1

Whilst I agree a manager needs time to build and get a team together, we are now at a pivotal point. Monk was hired until the end of the season, an interim manager by the looks. What DC does next is the big one. We can stick or twist but whoever it is should be the one we're patient with, whether it's Monk or a new manager. The squad can be refreshed how they want it and build from there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

I'd rather not win 3 games in 20 and be the lowest home scorers in the league, but here we are...

• Like 1

Here’s the difference. 

Bring in Pearson let him build his own team and prepare for next season. Win one out of the first six and people will say well he’s had to rebuild cut him some slack. We will however start next season with a bit of confidence that we finally landed a decent manager. 

keep Monk let him build his own team and prepare for next season. Win one out of the first six and people will screaming to go because it’s a continuation of this seasons abject failure. There will be doom and gloom before a balls even kicked because barely anyone believes he is capable of sorting it. 

• Like 3

Money + quality players + quality manager + patience = success.

2-3 seasons ago we had all four (arguably).

We now have none.

It’s great being a Wednesday fan innit?

To quote Reading Owl - “It’s the hope that kills you”. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

You are suggesting that if we are patient and wait for 3-5 years we will have a successful side in the Premiership.

Please explain why our patience over the last twenty years has not been successful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think we have been patient for a long time. The issue is that we got into a position where we should be able to continually knock on the door now but instead every mistake has racked up.

Whatever happens, I think we need a line in the sand now and like the squad finally forget about the two failed playoffs. The depression since that missed penalty has remained in place for too long. 

Time to start again. If the owner is up for it 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Glass half empty person? Would you rather not of won 12 away and be highest away scorers in league? xx

We've only won 8 away for starts. And we are joint 20th for away goals conceded, with 36.

• Like 3

Showing some patience during the 90mins would be a good place to start 

Getting restless after a couple of side passes, isn't conducive to winning football nowadays 

Don't see the point in being patient with Monk though ... A panic, temporary appointment, of a career interimologist 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

You are suggesting that if we are patient and wait for 3-5 years we will have a successful side in the Premiership.

Please explain why our patience over the last twenty years has not been successful.

Yes, 3-5 years with the right manager. I am not saying Monk is the right man, but if we have the right manager, recruitment and patience we could go in right direction

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we have been patient for a long time. The issue is that we got into a position where we should be able to continually knock on the door now but instead every mistake has racked up.

Whatever happens, I think we need a line in the sand now and like the squad finally forget about the two failed playoffs. The depression since that missed penalty has remained in place for too long. 

Time to start again. If the owner is up for it 

Agree mate.

I see this as the final end of the Carlos era. 
Yeah we’ve had other managers since, but his was the dominant reign & what everything since is judged against.

Get the EFL thing out of the way ( for good or bad) & go again with a clean slate.

I also think the real militant anti DC mob, need to put their vitriol to one side for a while at least, for the club’s sake & see where it takes us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1