Garry Monk Post Match Comments

💬 GM: It was a tough game that, we had three really good opportunities in the first half, it wouldn’t go in and then they made it very hard for us in the second half. But I thought we always looked solid all the way through 

GM: The shot from Kads looked in all the way and we have to credit the keeper for an unbelievable save

GM: But the concentration was there all the way and it’s important, we want to attack teams and we are creating, but defensively concentration and focus has been there and that’s highlighted by two clean sheets in the last two

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

GM: Four points in the last two games, we’d have liked three tonight but it’s tough and the players are giving everything. Huddersfield had an extra day on us and it does make a difference in a period like this but I’m really pleased with the lads

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

The players just had 3 months off like every other player in this league 

1 day longer rest is just a excuse of how rubbish the man is as a manager 

Tired of excuses from players to managers 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: Four points in the last two games, we’d have liked three tonight but it’s tough and the players are giving everything. Huddersfield had an extra day on us and it does make a difference in a period like this but I’m really pleased with the lads

Give it a rest Monk 

• Like 1

Monk:
"I think they came with that game plan of being solid"
That must have been a surprise.. As opposed to all those clubs who rock up at Hillsborough with the plan of being pourous and shipping goals easily.

"We tried 2nd half."
Umm.. great. Good to know that we didn't not try 2nd half, i guess.

"if you can't win the game, you make sure you don't lose it and you take that point. So i think we did it."
We did.. well done for thinking you know what the final score was.

"we don't have the luxury of making lots of changes and still maintaining quality"
That's going to breathe confidence into the lads who didn't start.

"we needed of of those chances to go in.. .. then maybe it would have become a bit easier for us."
So wait.. you reckon that if we score it's easier for us to win? Those coaching qualifications must be tough!

"Very pleased that we concentrated today"
Another glowing endorsement of the players to build their confidence.

All in all a very successful interview where he said useful and intelligent things.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has absolutely no right to be happy with a goalless bore draw given our current predicament.

3 points was an absolute minimum, we now need and absolute minimum of 3 or 4 points from 2 very tough games to allow for a possible points deduction.

3 pts was a minimum required, what was the most we could have got then, 5 points, 6?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1