Garry Monk Post Match Comments

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Not many were if any, understandably? Our home form under Monk is horrendous. He doesn’t have the nous or in all fairness the players at the moment to open teams up from the start of games certainly when opposition teams sit in.

That said a good manager would work out a way to get the best out of what he’s got. Monk is not a good manager.

Our home form is horrendous, has been for a while.

Im on the fence with Monk, give him an attacking coach(es) of his choice. Let him get some players in he wants.

If its still dire then by all means get rid. At the moment our squad is poor, forwards are awful to mediocre. You cant always get good from bad. Perhaps this is our best with what we have.

As for opening up teams who sit deep, which player is going to do that in our team? wheres the creative player to do that? Bannan who plays deep? Rhodes? Luongo? Where is this inspirational moment coming from?

Edited by billyblack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Well i agree with it being a forum bit.

IMO it just shows how fickle and irrational some people are

As long as it doesn't get personal, then I have no problem with it, I have to stop myself from posting replies sometimes

as I'm not sure if the poster is on drugs, booze, or just a wind up merchant, the latter I like best, and engage fully, it can 

be fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has absolutely no right to be happy with a goalless bore draw given our current predicament.

3 points was an absolute minimum, we now need and absolute minimum of 3 or 4 points from 2 very tough games to allow for a possible points deduction.

Jeez, the man has no chance. He's been given arseholes for being too critical of his players, now he's not being critical enough.

That would be just what we need, a players revolt with two games left.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Sack him

Great result

Great job

clueless

No idea

Has to go

Doing a good job

Ranging comments game to game, very rational

Pathetic

Opinions everyone’s entitled to them you included , doesn’t mean you or anyone else is right or should get so wound up , chill out . 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Opinions everyone’s entitled to them you included , doesn’t mean you or anyone else is right or should get so wound up , chill out . 

Merely pointing out the massive swings from one game to the next, if it was down to some here we would have a new manager every game

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Merely pointing out the massive swings from one game to the next, if it was down to some here we would have a new manager every game

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play.

With Monk I can't see it.

Last night was awful.

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams!

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it!

There is a reason why he's had 5 jobs in 6 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No what I mean is that people watch/listen to managers speak then immediately post 'the usual nonsense from Monk' or 'that's told us nothing as usual' or 'why do we have these when all he's going to do is talk rubbish' etc etc

Some people just don't understand what these press conferences are, what they're for, what managers will/won't be saying in them

But they always like to get all angrymad in the threads about them

lol

I think some of our fans would get angry and mad, just because they have nothing to get angry and mad about.

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

I think some of our fans would get angry and mad, just because they have nothing to get angry and mad about.

Totally agree

With Monk some fans have just made their minds up and won't be budged on him and are now just repetitively slating him no matter what the result or the performance, waiting for him to fail and get sacked so they can say 'told you so'

Easiest thing in the world to do that.

Anyone can do it

Dead easy. Pick a scapegoat, hammer him continually to everyone, wait till the moment when he leaves (as everyone always does at some point) then claim a hollow victory, then find the next scapegoat.

Doesn't take much intellect to do that at all

Whereas in reality life and football is more complex than 'he's a rubbish manager/player'

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Our home form is horrendous, has been for a while.

Im on the fence with Monk, give him an attacking coach(es) of his choice. Let him get some players in he wants.

If its still dire then by all means get rid. At the moment our squad is poor, forwards are awful to mediocre. You cant always get good from bad. Perhaps this is our best with what we have.

As for opening up teams who sit deep, which player is going to do that in our team? wheres the creative player to do that? Bannan who plays deep? Rhodes? Luongo? Where is this inspirational moment coming from?

But do you give him the chance on what we’ve seen from him so far? He’s behind the 8 ball with a lot of fans at the moment. You’re judged on home form more often than not due to you’re paying customers. Next season, crowds will be down because no one wants to pay to watch his attritional style, understandably.

My fear is we give Monk a free reign and nothing improves or heaven forbid we get worse and a new manager inherits bigger problems than Monk did?

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play.

With Monk I can't see it.

Last night was awful.

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams!

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it!

There is a reason why he's had 5 jobs in 6 years!

Me look at the bigger picture, yeah ok.

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it! - agree with this bit, i dont agree with this bit as there is nothing to base it on here

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play. - didnt he just say he wants to play 352 going forward, sure i read that

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams! - yep, not as good as we think we are

Like i said in another post, give him 6 months, coaching staff he wants and a chance to recruit his own players, if its still rubbish then he has demonstrated he isnt the man for the job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally agree

With Monk some fans have just made their minds up and won't be budged on him and are now just repetitively slating him no matter what the result or the performance, waiting for him to fail and get sacked so they can say 'told you so'

Easiest thing in the world to do that.

Anyone can do it

Dead easy. Pick a scapegoat, hammer him continually to everyone, wait till the moment when he leaves (as everyone always does at some point) then claim a hollow victory, then find the next scapegoat.

Doesn't take much intellect to do that at all

Whereas in reality life and football is more complex than 'he's a rubbish manager/player'

Thats it, im really really angry now.

You can all do one. It all stinks. Sack everyone

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

But do you give him the chance on what we’ve seen from him so far? He’s behind the 8 ball with a lot of fans at the moment. You’re judged on home form more often than not due to you’re paying customers. Next season, crowds will be down because no one wants to pay to watch his attritional style, understandably.

My fear is we give Monk a free reign and nothing improves or heaven forbid we get worse and a new manager inherits bigger problems than Monk did?

I dont know whether he can do it or not, who does. Of course its a risk.

If someone could name and guarantee a manager to come in and do the job,without fail, play expansive football and get us promoted then bring them in.

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Were you all slagging Monk off when we won 3-0 against QPR?

I did ask the question, why is it not the managers fault when we lose, but it is down to him when we win, not sure what happens with the draw last night though

he isn't a good manger because we have manged two good wins since we came back, all teams mange that, I am judging him from his record since Christmas, and what that could mean for next season if he is still here

1 minute ago, the third man said:

I did ask the question, why is it not the managers fault when we lose, but it is down to him when we win, not sure what happens with the draw last night though

he isn't a good manger because we have manged two good wins since we came back, all teams mange that, I am judging him from his record since Christmas, and what that could mean for next season if he is still here

Yeah

Forget the EFL charges hanging over us, the troublesome players we needed to get rid of, the players not getting paid, the threadbare squad, the covid situation, the transfer embargoes.... forget all that

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When I read people ranting about Monk on here slating him all the time this is how I imagine they're sat in front of their computers

This says it all about the self-absorption of the social media generation. I don't have much faith in humanity to have a measured view of anything generally these days; millions voted for Donald Trump for example. But if I need a detailed analysis of the infinite complexities and vagaries of a football match, I won't be seeking them from a shouty, over emotional 10 year old. This kind of thing is useful just for laughing at them, and little else.