Garry Monk Post Match Comments

For a variety of reasons I don't envisage a big overhaul of the squad between seasons and the short turn around time is one of them. I also expect the short turn around time to help Monk keep his job.

I don't expect us to be much further on if at all in 12 months time and we'll be having the same conversations then much as we are now?

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on

You've been telling us for the last few months that Monk is going to get sacked?

That doesn't look like it's going to happen now for the reason I said but who knows? 

7 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I think that there will be a big overhaul and that it's already well underway...... the released players being part of it. I expect to see plenty of new faces next season...... most probably younger or hitherto unknowns to us. 

Next season will be a season to consolidate as we struggle out of our financial mire.

I keep seeing that we're in the mire financially. Now is it because the chairman is skint or is it because of P&S? I've seen Alan Nixon say we have loads of money so surely it's down to P&S?

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

???

He changed one player in that starting 11. Murphy over Da Cruz

Little should have changed. Murphy earned his place with the goal and has got good running in him.

Udders however, watched the QPR game and set up to prevent us doing the same, playing really deep and swarming midfield to prevent us settling.

In that situation most managers would have gone 442 for a bit of width or 433 but we just don't have the depth to be able to do that. We'd have been murdered in midfield as we had been since Christmas.

Yeh thats called managing...What he's paid for.....Stick your winger down middle,whos been playing v well out wide,and keep 3 forwards on bench..I know stick FF at left back too...or Palmer in midfield.....

But in 3 days he must have blown the confidence out of em,because that was shocking last night and if you think otherwise then,well some of us have Monk specs on,seriously.....

UTO...

9 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Yeh thats called managing...What he's paid for.....Stick your winger down middle,whos been playing v well out wide,and keep 3 forwards on bench..I know stick FF at left back too...or Palmer in midfield.....

But in 3 days he must have blown the confidence out of em,because that was shocking last night and if you think otherwise then,well some of us have Monk specs on,seriously.....

UTO...

Not being funny. But who did he come on for at QPR and what position was he in. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1