Garry Monk Post Match Comments

37 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Me look at the bigger picture, yeah ok.

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it! - agree with this bit, i dont agree with this bit as there is nothing to base it on here

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play. - didnt he just say he wants to play 352 going forward, sure i read that

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams! - yep, not as good as we think we are

Like i said in another post, give him 6 months, coaching staff he wants and a chance to recruit his own players, if its still rubbish then he has demonstrated he isnt the man for the job.

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it! - agree with this bit, i dont agree with this bit as there is nothing to base it on here - £50 million spent at Boro, sacked after 26 games!

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play. - didnt he just say he wants to play 352 going forward, sure i read that - What style of play does he want to implement?been in charge for 42 games and I don't see what he's trying to get the players to do on the pitch!

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams! - yep, not as good as we think we are - 28 points out of 63 puts in playoffs, after being 3rd half way through the season we should have easily done this, we only needed to be average!

Like i said in another post, give him 6 months, coaching staff he wants and a chance to recruit his own players, if its still rubbish then he has demonstrated he isnt the man for the job. - See my first point, add in 6 months wasted and no better off, saddled with players a new manager might not want!

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it! - agree with this bit, i dont agree with this bit as there is nothing to base it on here - £50 million spent at Boro, sacked after 26 games!

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play. - didnt he just say he wants to play 352 going forward, sure i read that - What style of play does he want to implement?been in charge for 42 games and I don't see what he's trying to get the players to do on the pitch!

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams! - yep, not as good as we think we are - 28 points out of 63 puts in playoffs, after being 3rd half way through the season we should have easily done this, we only needed to be average!

Like i said in another post, give him 6 months, coaching staff he wants and a chance to recruit his own players, if its still rubbish then he has demonstrated he isnt the man for the job. - See my first point, add in 6 months wasted and no better off, saddled with players a new manager might not want!

'Saddled with players the manager doesn't want' - you mean like Monk is now. Or if we sack Monk, the next manager will be, or if we sack that manager, the next manager will be. Due to nobody actually being given any time to implement their ideas or bring in their own players and staff. If you are looking for immediate success, you are following the wrong team in the wrong division - I would suggest following Celtic, Barca, Real, PSG, or Juventus - you will be guaranteed immediate success.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Id be more supportive of a manager If I could see a clear plan on how he wants the team to play.

With Monk I can't see it.

Last night was awful.

17 points from 63 and we've been battered by some average teams!

The team needs to be re-built and I just don't trust him or the club to do it!

There is a reason why he's had 5 jobs in 6 years!

You don't trust him or the club???

Who else is going to do it? Are you planning on subcontracting a new club to do it?

Since the restart we have played a new system. Line any new system it will take a whe to bed in. Could that be the system he wants to use? Does he need to bring in players to suit that system or are we going to continue with square pegs in round holes as he's been forced to do.

And while we're at it, Carlos has had 18 clubs in 22 years.

I expect DC is going to flooded with CVs from owls-talkers who appear to be qualified for the job.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Doesnt necessarily mean hes going to do the same here.

He only change 352 about 4 games ago. Plenty of us have seen what hes trying to do. 

We will finish midtable which is exactly what we are. 

See my response, cant judge him here until hes done it here.

1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You don't trust him or the club???

Who else is going to do it? Are you planning on subcontracting a new club to do it?

Since the restart we have played a new system. Line any new system it will take a whe to bed in. Could that be the system he wants to use? Does he need to bring in players to suit that system or are we going to continue with square pegs in round holes as he's been forced to do.

And while we're at it, Carlos has had 18 clubs in 22 years.

I expect DC is going to flooded with CVs from owls-talkers who appear to be qualified for the job.

Don't trust anyone at the club to get recruitment right we haven't got it right in 4 years!

42 games he's been in charge, 17 points from 63! 

It was awful last night!

And Carlos! Best two finishes in 20 years!

What has this clown ever done at a club other than been sacked?

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Don't trust anyone at the club to get recruitment right we haven't got it right in 4 years!

It was awful last night!

Fully agree, but that isn't Monks fault.

It was awful last night, but Monk wasn't putting the terrible corners in, or ridiculous floaty free kicks - that was the players, some I'm sure he would get rid of if he could. From the interview it seemed to me that Monk was aiming for a clean sheet and was pleased with that. TBH I'm quite pleased with that, shoring up that defence was a must. Our attacking play is dire, but unless Monk is on the pitch telling each player at each moment where to kick, how hard to kick, and when to kick, its not really his fault if the players are poor.

Most managers have been sacked at some point in their career. Mourinho, even Ferguson was nearly sacked at Man Utd in his early days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It was awful last night!

Ok,  name a manager you think we could get here

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Fully agree, but that isn't Monks fault.

It was awful last night, but Monk wasn't putting the terrible corners in, or ridiculous floaty free kicks - that was the players, some I'm sure he would get rid of if he could. From the interview it seemed to me that Monk was aiming for a clean sheet and was pleased with that. TBH I'm quite pleased with that, shoring up that defence was a must. Our attacking play is dire, but unless Monk is on the pitch telling each player at each moment where to kick, how hard to kick, and when to kick, its not really his fault if the players are poor.

Most managers have been sacked at some point in their career. Mourinho, even Ferguson was nearly sacked at Man Utd in his early days.

we dont have an attacking coach

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It was awful last night!

We've not got recruitment right for a damn sight longer than 4 years. The mould was set when we were last in the PL.

I wonder what Carlos would manage with the same players that monk has.... 

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

I dont know whether he can do it or not, who does. Of course its a risk.

If someone could name and guarantee a manager to come in and do the job,without fail, play expansive football and get us promoted then bring them in.

For now I will settle for one doesn't get us relegated next season

Needed 3 points last night,simple as that,Monk changed a team and formation that looked very good and full of running on saturday,thought hed found his identity of the team and how he wanted us to play,all be it against a poor QPR,then he does what Monk does best and try to be cleaver..Murphy up front??why??

DONT FIX IT IF NOT BROKEN...

team full of confidence to a team not intrested,how??.In 3 days..

Great management that....

Bring on Fulham and Colins mob..This could be messy...

UTO...

1 minute ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Needed 3 points last night,simple as that,Monk changed a team and formation that looked very good and full of running on saturday,thought hed found his identity of the team and how he wanted us to play,all be it against a poor QPR,then he does what Monk does best and try to be cleaver..Murphy up front??why??

DONT FIX IT IF NOT BROKEN...

team full of confidence to a team not intrested,how??.In 3 days..

Great management that....

Bring on Fulham and Colins mob..This could be messy...

UTO...

???

He changed one player in that starting 11. Murphy over Da Cruz

Little should have changed. Murphy earned his place with the goal and has got good running in him.

Udders however, watched the QPR game and set up to prevent us doing the same, playing really deep and swarming midfield to prevent us settling.

In that situation most managers would have gone 442 for a bit of width or 433 but we just don't have the depth to be able to do that. We'd have been murdered in midfield as we had been since Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

It was awful last night!

CC recruited a one hit team to get us up at a very high cost. He came very very close but failed. And in the 2nd year with the same players the signs were there and we lost in the semis. CC then left because he knew what was ahead with an old team that he couldn't get rid of. 2 more managers came and went with those players...now Monk has a chance to show what he can do. He's changed the style of play (better - but still the same player constraints) and he's clearing the decks for next season...it will be obvious by the January window whether he has what it takes.

I really liked his comments about the team being fatigued and fixtures counting against wednesday 

I expect that's why he absolutely refuses to use five subs as those players who never get into the pitch are too tired. 

On the one hand he says his team are too tired whilst on the other hand he absolutely refuses to bring players on who are 100 % fit with zero fatigue 

This man is completely bonkers or reading from a script prepared by the owner 

Either way, it's total insanity. 

And totally predictable behaviour. After all, there's only Bruce who didn't behave in this bizarre way. Every other manager under the owner has read from exactly the same insane script. 

With this kind of nonsense we can never do anywhere other than down. Down. Down