Garry Monk Post Match Comments

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

More than 1 given our current predicament.

Thought 3 was the minimum, was wondering what the maximum could have been. Do we an attacking coach yet? Dont believe we do. Do we have a decent squad to rotate? Dont believe so. 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Were you all slagging Monk off when we won 3-0 against QPR?

No I wasn’t. I give credit where it’s due. But I’m allowed to be critical when it’s due too. There have been too few performances like qpr ( forest and boro?) and too many like yesterday and worse. It doesn’t have to be you are for or against monk with no room to change your mind. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Plonk said:

No I wasn’t. I give credit where it’s due. But I’m allowed to be critical when it’s due too. There have been too few performances like qpr ( forest and boro?) and too many like yesterday and worse. It doesn’t have to be you are for or against monk with no room to change your mind. 

So we just change our mind on a match to match basis?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, cookeh said:

Monk:
"I think they came with that game plan of being solid"
That must have been a surprise.. As opposed to all those clubs who rock up at Hillsborough with the plan of being pourous and shipping goals easily.

"We tried 2nd half."
Umm.. great. Good to know that we didn't not try 2nd half, i guess.

"if you can't win the game, you make sure you don't lose it and you take that point. So i think we did it."
We did.. well done for thinking you know what the final score was.

"we don't have the luxury of making lots of changes and still maintaining quality"
That's going to breathe confidence into the lads who didn't start.

"we needed of of those chances to go in.. .. then maybe it would have become a bit easier for us."
So wait.. you reckon that if we score it's easier for us to win? Those coaching qualifications must be tough!

"Very pleased that we concentrated today"
Another glowing endorsement of the players to build their confidence.

All in all a very successful interview where he said useful and intelligent things.

Football manager post match cliché shocker

41 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So we just change our mind on a match to match basis?

I think having an opinion on each game is outrageous, we should make our minds up at the start of each Season and dont deviate. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's time for some fans to just either stop reading pre or post match comments, or manager press conferences.

It really is

Some fans just aren't intellectually set up for them

Yep, far too intelligent, it is hard to reduce yourself to our Managers ramblings, but we do try to make sense of them, and you should give us credit for that. 

Just now, daleblue said:

Yep, far too intelligent, it is hard to reduce yourself to our Managers ramblings, but we do try to make sense of them, and you should give us credit for that. 

No what I mean is that people watch/listen to managers speak then immediately post 'the usual nonsense from Monk' or 'that's told us nothing as usual' or 'why do we have these when all he's going to do is talk rubbish' etc etc

Some people just don't understand what these press conferences are, what they're for, what managers will/won't be saying in them

But they always like to get all angrymad in the threads about them

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No what I mean is that people watch/listen to managers speak then immediately post 'the usual nonsense from Monk' or 'that's told us nothing as usual' or 'why do we have these when all he's going to do is talk rubbish' etc etc

Some people just don't understand what these press conferences are, what they're for, what managers will/won't be saying in them

lol

Was I being obtuse, surely not. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Monk isn't a journalist Neil ... He's the manager so you don't have to defend his every word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, erowl said:

Monk isn't a journalist Neil ... He's the manager so you don't have to defend his every word.

I'm not defending his every word

I'm making a point about the fans who nip into press conference threads to post 'the usual nonsense' type posts

lol

Owlstalk Shop

We know what he’s going to say before he says it. More fool anyone for listening to it and getting wound up by it.

I suggest listening to his post match comments ahead of the next match, that gives everyone 90 minutes to accept them.

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

I think having an opinion on each game is outrageous, we should make our minds up at the start of each Season and dont deviate. 

Sack him

Great result

Great job

clueless

No idea

Has to go

Doing a good job

Ranging comments game to game, very rational

Pathetic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's time for some fans to just either stop reading pre or post match comments, or manager press conferences.

It really is

Some fans just aren't intellectually set up for them

I think you are being presumptuous about them being able to read

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Nothing about why Wickham is still magically "fatigued" then?

I know, the people who do these interviews can also be sacked. At least get someone to ask more direct questions (as they do on sky sports), not necessarily to get under the skin of the manager, just to shed further light on aspects the fans might not be aware of. I assume it’s the people who do the Thursday press conferences, boring and repetitive.

26 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Sack him

Great result

Great job

clueless

No idea

Has to go

Doing a good job

Ranging comments game to game, very rational

Pathetic

I think it makes life more colourful, it's just other peoples musings, I agree with and disagree with,

but that's what a forum is for.

Just now, daleblue said:

I think it makes life more colourful, it's just other peoples musings, I agree with and disagree with,

but that's what a forum is for.

Well i agree with it being a forum bit.

IMO it just shows how fickle and irrational some people are

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Were you all slagging Monk off when we won 3-0 against QPR?

Not many were if any, understandably? Our home form under Monk is horrendous. He doesn’t have the nous or in all fairness the players at the moment to open teams up from the start of games certainly when the opposition teams sit in.

That said a good manager would work out a way to get the best out of what he’s got. Monk is not a good manager.

Edited by Jim