Glenn Roeder & Adam Pearson

15 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

These two came to the club in April 2015 to form part of a sporting committee to work alongside first Stuart Gray and then Carlos.

That summer we brought in the following players;

Hunt

Pudil

Sasso

Lopez

Bannan

Wallace

Foriesteri

Joao

Matias

Hooper

Turner

Sougou

Lachmann

Ok a couple of duds in there, bot mostly very good signings to add to what we already had.

Roeder and Pearson knew the English game and got the recruitment right that summer and it's no coincidence that we played some great football and had the best season in 20 years. 

Roeder and Carlos would have identified the players and Pearson would have negotiated the deals and at this point they weren't on massive money compared to what they got later.

For me Roeder and Pearson should have been kept around a lot longer, rather than getting involved with Doyen and Piaxo. Recruitment would have been better and Pearson would have been more mindful of the finances.

This is what we need know, two or three people that know the English game and can get the recruitment right.

Then a knew coaching team!

Spot on.  That was a period of great progress at Wednesday, thrown in the bin for reasons that I still haven't fathomed.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

What I do find strange is no one seems to have broke silence and spoke out about what’s actually gone on behind the scenes.

Ex players, KM, Roeder etc etc.

All that happens when a player leaves is a big thankyou to Mr Chansiri and family.

All very odd

Didn’t we bring in Lewis McGugan who we didn’t play? That was the first odd move for me.

Edited by fatzooma
  • Like 2

That summer was the best transfer window I think we've ever had. Compare that to the absolute colossal waste of money the following season:

Adam Reach

Almen Abdi

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

Jordan Thorniley

Steven Fletcher

David Jones

Will Buckley

Callum McManaman

Jordan Rhodes

Jake Kean

Urby Emanuelson

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

These two came to the club in April 2015 to form part of a sporting committee to work alongside first Stuart Gray and then Carlos.

Hunt

Pudil

Sasso

Lopez

Bannan

Wallace

Foriesteri

Joao

Matias

Hooper

Turner

Sougou

Lachmann

Ok a couple of duds in there, bot mostly very good signings to add to what we already had.

Roeder and Pearson knew the English game and got the recruitment right that summer and it's no coincidence that we played some great football and had the best season in 20 years. 

Roeder and Carlos would have identified the players and Pearson would have negotiated the deals and at this point they weren't on massive money compared to what they got later.

For me Roeder and Pearson should have been kept around a lot longer, rather than getting involved with Doyen and Piaxo. Recruitment would have been better and Pearson would have been more mindful of the finances.

This is what we need know, two or three people that know the English game and can get the recruitment right.

According to DC and whether you believe what he says or not, Roeder wasn't responsible for a single player coming in.

6 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

What I do find strange is no one seems to have broke silence and spoke out about what’s actually gone on behind the scenes.

All that happens when a player leaves is a big thankyou to Mr Chansiri and family.

All very odd

Didn’t we bring in Lewis McGugan who we didn’t play? That was the first odd move for me.

Its not strange. Its normal practice. They will probably have been given a nice leaving present and in return signed a non disclosure agreement to never talk about their time at the club

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Its not strange. Its normal practice. They will probably have been given a nice leaving present and in return signed a non disclosure agreement to never talk about their time at the club

Either that or a visit from the Chao Pho!

Edited by GMOwl72

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

True and I’m aware of this..however, sometimes things get leaked out. Maybe the players have been happy?
All I’m saying is it’s unusual for someone not to know such and such player who’s said such and such..

Edited by fatzooma

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

According to DC and whether you believe what he says or not, Roeder wasn't responsible for a single player coming in.

He’s also got previous for undermining managers to get their jobs from under them.

Iirc Pearson left for a far more attractive job to him personally too. He left before the Summer window had opened in 2015 so any notion that he was involved with any signings we made simply isn’t true. 

Let’s not build the 1 & 8 month periods they were here into more than it was.  

• Love 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Hunt

Pudil

Sasso

Lopez

Bannan

Wallace

Foriesteri

Joao

Matias

Hooper

Turner

Sougou

Lachmann

Hindsight it's a wonderful thing baby...or was that Kid Creole

2 hours ago, fatzooma said:

All very odd

Confidentiality clause to get their severence pay...Kaven Walkers speciality

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I’d love to know the real reason Adam Pearson left after just two weeks In the job 🤔

To be an exec at Leeds, who guessing from his previous dealings he’s either a fan of, or holds them in high regard. He’s still there now.

• Like 1