Glenn Roeder & Adam Pearson

23 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

Wasn't it already established that Roeder was only responsible for bringing in a couple of players before he left?

Yeah that's what I heard .. the committee actually only ever brought in 2-3 players and there was another chap suggested that brought in all the listed players .. it's out there somewhere

Our main failure isn't the players we've brought in (because let's face it, you'd think we'd be on to a winner with who we brought)  it has been our inability to recoup sales and sell players when we'd needed to or to refresh the squad after a couple of years. Everything was too little too late. No money in and loads money out was a recipe for disaster down the line

"We are a family"

No we are not. We are a chuffing football club/business that is being mishandled catastrophically

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, deaks1984 said:

Yeah completely agree. Like I said some on here thought we could get £10M. Never said I did. Cheers pal.

P.s. think you've taken this out of context. I never meant I thought he was a world beater I was saying generally that is how he was spoken about by some people on here.

Fair enough, I only read that bit and was like........NO!!!

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not sure how much Pearson and Roedar contributed in reality but I could see reason behind that kind of set up. Confident were scanning our net wide and doing research on the players before we signed them.

Since the play off final only strategy has been throw money at it until rules put brakes on it.

There was a definite strategy though for signing player. DC and CC both talked about aggressive attacking football on more than one occasion. It was a vision a plan to work to and players generally fit into that really well. We failed on the getting bullied in the middle, certainly when Hutch wasn't playing but then sometimes even when he was. 

We need that strategy back even if its to play hoof ball and we only sign 6 ft 10 giants, 

PS I'd rather it wasn't that.

17 hours ago, cookeh said:

Chansiri signed McGugan because the fans were clamouring for it after he'd been here on loan. It was a goodwill gesture on his part. Unfortunately for McGugan, Carlos didn't really fancy him.

Surprised Carlos didn’t fancy him..Had plenty of flair and reckon Carlos could have got the best out of him. However we continued to play Players like Helan 

15 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Re lewis McGugan... Stuart Grey didn't want him! He was trouble when he was on loan! 

It was another purchase for the fans abit like Rhodes! 

Ya see this is what always surprises me. Nothing comes out of the club due to confidentiality clauses etc but we always seem to get the dressing room talk which is usually..such and such is a trouble maker. Surely it’s only ever rumour?

38 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Ya see this is what always surprises me. Nothing comes out of the club due to confidentiality clauses etc but we always seem to get the dressing room talk which is usually..such and such is a trouble maker. Surely it’s only ever rumour?

Not in the case. It's 100% accurate! 

On 11/07/2020 at 15:09, fatzooma said:

Surprised Carlos didn’t fancy him..Had plenty of flair and reckon Carlos could have got the best out of him. However we continued to play Players like Helan 

He didn't seem to have the workrate that Carlos wanted, that seemed to be the main problem. Where Bannan and Lee would never stop running, McGugan seemed to want to stroll around a bit and try and hope to get on the scoresheet. Ultimately he was well below the level of the rest of the midfield after he signed. Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Wallace and Nando.

I still feel bad for Stuart Gray, looking at the squad he had to work with compared to what we had the season after, it's crazy.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
On 11/07/2020 at 00:47, Therealrealist said:

Apparently roeders only signing was Lachman..after he had secured a 4 day jaunt to Holland to watch him..all expenses paid obviously..Martin Samuel did a piece on him sayin he wer only at Wednesday for a ‘drink’

Not sure about this mate. Roeder donated his £1 million pay off from West Ham to brain cancer charity that supported him during his terrible illness.