Mason Greenwood

Christ, can we have a break from the constant exhausting culture-war bickering over semantics for five seconds?  Why does it ******** matter exactly what percentage of domestic abuse victims are men or women? 

The fact that men make up an under-reported and largely silent sub-section of domestic abuse victims, and that society largely expects them to shrug it off and occasionally even thinks it's amusing, is indisputable.

It is also completely ******** irrelevant to this situation with Mason Greenwood and his girlfriend.

• Like 9

On 26/02/2023 at 10:01, WalthamOwl said:

Imagine the kid reading about what a lovely bloke his Dad was to his Mum in years to come. Poor thing. If indeed the woman was making all this up Greenwood wouldn’t have taken her back. Probably deserve each other. 

Did you miss the voice recordings of him? 

Man U apparently waiting for some of their players from their women's team to come back from the world cup, to seek their opinion.

'Excuse me lasses, hope you had a could World Cup, errm, are you okay with an abuser knocking around the place, just that it will be a bit of a faff if we have to deal with it'

20 minutes ago, markg said:

Man U apparently waiting for some of their players from their women's team to come back from the world cup, to seek their opinion.

'Excuse me lasses, hope you had a could World Cup, errm, are you okay with an abuser knocking around the place, just that it will be a bit of a faff if we have to deal with it'

I think there has been murmurings that the women's team might go on strike if he returned.

Man U are in a tricky position regards he has never been convicted of the offence so in the eyes of the law is innocent.

In reality, due to the high profile nature of the case and the evidence already widely shared the court of public opinion has already judged him to be guilty.

I'd be staggered if they didn't just pay up his contract and let him move on (or sell him if they could persuade someone to buy!!), the reputational damage would be enormous....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

He’ll go abroad, and so he should.

Man Utd would be dumb to consider him and no other English side will either. You don’t need that lingering around you. Easily replaceable

I could see Sheffield United offering him the chance to stay in this country. I think we might’ve asked the question had Moore had stayed in charge?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owl_For_a_Lifetime said:

Man U are in a tricky position regards he has never been convicted of the offence so in the eyes of the law is innocent.

In reality, due to the high profile nature of the case and the evidence already widely shared the court of public opinion has already judged him to be guilty.

I'd be staggered if they didn't just pay up his contract and let him move on (or sell him if they could persuade someone to buy!!), the reputational damage would be enormous....

This is not 'opinion'.  The video is there to see, it is cold hard fact.  He has not been found guilty in a court of law but he is guilty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

He’ll go abroad, and so he should.

Man Utd would be dumb to consider him and no other English side will either. You don’t need that lingering around you. Easily replaceable

Enter…Sheffield United 

• Haha 4

On 01/03/2023 at 12:09, Kopparberg said:

Total mess of a situation. 

Seems like the police knew it too. 

That is an understatement but at the end of the day he was never convicted of any crimes and is still with and had a child with the women who made the allegations against him.

Just because he is in the public eye doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to restart his career.

4 hours ago, kopman9 said:

That is an understatement but at the end of the day he was never convicted of any crimes and is still with and had a child with the women who made the allegations against him.

Just because he is in the public eye doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to restart his career.

It's a bit different to something like the Ched case - where nobody really knows what happened.

There's an actual recording of him, which nobody is disputing is legit.

People will feel that can take a view based on that, regardless of any legal proceedings.

The fact that she's still with him and her dad seems to think he's a good lad is absolutely bizarre