Mason Greenwood

Spanish fans now starting to chant..

Getafe have condemned "derogatory and intolerant" chants aimed towards their team after Mason Greenwood was targeted by opposition fans.

Loanee striker Greenwood, 21, was reportedlymet with chants calling for him to die during Wednesday's La Liga match against Athletic Bilbao.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66952974

16 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Spanish fans now starting to chant..

Getafe have condemned "derogatory and intolerant" chants aimed towards their team after Mason Greenwood was targeted by opposition fans.

Loanee striker Greenwood, 21, was reportedlymet with chants calling for him to die during Wednesday's La Liga match against Athletic Bilbao.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66952974

Opposition fans taking the p@ss , isn't exactly a new thing. He will have it for the rest of his career.

He just needs to keep his head down, say nothing  and let his football do the talking.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 19:36, MF TAZ said:

As much as some of you can’t handle it 

bro has no criminal record 

what do you want done? 

Whether or not someone has a criminal record has very little to do with whether or not that person poses a reputational risk to your football club and therefore you don't want to employ them.

Nobody owes Mason Greenwood a living.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2023 at 14:36, MF TAZ said:

As much as some of you can’t handle it 

bro has no criminal record 

what do you want done? 

What do you mean we “can’t handle it”

You can be a proper fool sometimes 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

What do you mean we “can’t handle it”

You can be a proper fool sometimes 

Im not saying he’s not awful or he’s innocent 

but we also have a legal system that we pay our taxes for and mostly believe in 

the courts have created this problem now where actually and how ever you feel about it…. And if you can handle this or not… you can’t penalise a person for having been accused of something 

it would be utter chaos if we didn’t have this system 

I may be a fool in your eyes but I can explain exactly why I feel the way I do 

do you want him banned from football because of a recording? 

if so, I’m afraid that isn’t the way the law is set up or football is set up - and as maddening as it may be, there is a reason for that, that I can sort of understand 

19 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

You should just pipe down. Your record when it comes to women is not great. Mr Neg

So rather than take on my post you’ve decided to bring up some stupid misguided posts from a decade ago.

there’s far worse stuff been posted on here 10 years ago that I was never part of 

serial killer top trumps 

endless awful posts about violence and racism 

but I can’t point out the legal situation regarding a footballer because I once said backhanded compliments are a good pulling technique lol 

This is your response, to me saying some of you can’t handle discussing this like a rational adult ‘you talked about negative compliments in your 20s though’ 

Not that it really matters but it’s obvious I was trolling and a clearly hurt and confused young man looking for a rise, if I thought grown men on other continents would bring up all the time a decade later, then yeah I probably wouldn’t would have made smarter points. I was naive to say it and naive to think people wouldn’t be a c**t about 3 world cups and 5 prime ministers later. 

• Like 1

I just wanna be clear here 

my point is that this lads career will carry on in football 

my other point is that the legal system has ballsed this up 

what I’m also saying is it’s get difficult for the football world when clubs will do anything for success and morales have left the game a long long time ago 

All the emotions in the world being vented will not make a difference