Adam Reach

4 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I think you're misinterpreting excuses with perspective and facts. Unfortunately on this site a player is either Franz Beckenbauer or Ola Tidman, there's no room for nuance or grey areas, God forbid you point out the truth by saying a player provides X and Y but needs to improve. You'll be marched out by the pitch fork brigade.

Some are saying he offers 'nothing', yet he has got the joint top assists this season so far with Bannan despite being out for a chunk of time. So I think we can pop the claim he offers 'nothing' firmly in the bin. 

However it's also true that he was awful for the penalty and has looked out of sorts recently.

he's lightweight, you can't say he isn't.

can you imagine playing today, or any other for that matter knowing you were being marked by adam reach?

5 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Not a chance. Lad is just out of form at moment. Maybe if the fans get behind him we might see a difference 

You are quite a funny guy, think you should try out for the Edinburgh Fringe festival pal.   🤣

7 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Not a chance. Lad is just out of form at moment. Maybe if the fans get behind him we might see a difference 

This is it, it's the fans fault slagging him off through their computers.

• Haha 1

It’s all a bit Sod’s law though.

Reach should be perfectly capable of putting in a decent performance at wing back.

However we knew, and I suspect Monk knew, the one situation you didn’t want him in was exactly the situation that brought the penalty.

Predictably wrong side of his man in the box, no commitment to defend the situation.

A normal full backwould have the instinct to defend it relatively easily.

Edited by oldishowl

Guest ka58

I think reach is a really good player.

easily one of our best. 

problem is the lack of other decent players in midfield means he ends up with two many jobs to do that he’s not there to do.

in a quality side where he was just asked to focus on his attributes he’d be great.

Skilful, not slow, can cross and shoot.

we need 2 if not 3 central midfielders.

a left back.

and a striker with pace - I don’t even care if its a striker with pace who can’t hit a barn door - just someone to stretch a defence when we need it.

3 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

You’re both right. I’ve definitely seen pelters thrown Bannan + Reach’s way. Maybe more so of late than before but, rarely to the extent of the likes of Joey or Dawson, fair point.

I don’t think we could improve on Bannan or Reach in the situation we find ourselves in. Their stats may be that of average championship players at the minute but, we know they’re capable of so much more. Its down the coaching team and, the players to turn the corner and get back to where they were. 

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proven wrong about reach and bannan and i hope to be other people and you and other people are right. But it niggles me that when you want your so called best players to step up and fight for the shirt, they hide and go through the motions, these player are in away our senior players and should be leading by example but they dont that's why i have a go at them. No coaching is going to change that it's about mentality

I do like Reach,but this system we play currently doesnt suit him,hes not the best at tackles,but he can score goals and has a wicked cross,hes good in possesion,finds space and can pass short and long,and we need the MF to contribute more to the goals column.

Hes not phased by a physical dual,hes strong,but he cant jump,so his headings not great,If monk wants to continue in the same vein formation wise next season,I can see Reach leaving

11 hours ago, ******** said:

Seen enough of him bottling tackles/headers to last a lifetime. The penalty was all because he didnt want to head it.

Use to be a fan of Reach but he has dropped significantly and that penalty was a lazy player who took a risk and failed miserably.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

We need to start trading players. That's been one of DC's biggest errors. Reach has had a poor season by his standards, and taken a step backwards - but he's still a good player of prime age. Needs a move after 4yrs, and we need a sale. Lees can follow him...and Rhodes...and Westwood.